The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Strike Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Matt_Brooks Posted - 28/05/2010 : 21:33:47
Now before we start and i get slated for this i know some snakes just wont strike feed. At the minute Cleo is very lazy and when i try and entice her to strike feed she just ignores it.

I have to leave it there for her to just take like its to easy. Id like to try and get her to work for her food like she would in the wild. She has only ever struck once and that was her first feed, after that she just lazily takes it.

I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqY711EInBY and thought it was amazing how quick and hard the corn struck and then contricted!

Is there anything i can do to make her strike or have i got to live with a lazy snake! haha either way im not botherd but would be nice to get her striking.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 29/05/2010 : 01:37:23
Defo agree with Matty, I can't vouch for all snakes, but Elijah did his first strike 3 feeds agao and it was a sort of "What's all this striking thing all about" lazy attempt, then he did his second one which was outstanding, blink and you would have missed it. Then his last feed yesterday he didn't strike at all. So I think it's just a learning curve.
Dan-sunkist Posted - 28/05/2010 : 22:50:49
then again some young ones strike to i know ours does she would take the tongs and all with her if she could
Matt_Brooks Posted - 28/05/2010 : 22:05:40
Yeh shes still on 1 pinkie. Oh right i didnt realise that. I'll she in a few years if shes still lazy then or decides to strike!

Thanks Matty :)
matty18714 Posted - 28/05/2010 : 22:02:34
I take it shes on pinkies then? Its common for small snakes not to strike at their prey - they have no need to kill harmless prey so why waste the energy. She will be more likley to strike as she gets bigger.
Matt_Brooks Posted - 28/05/2010 : 22:00:20
Sorry she was 12g and 16 inches on 13-5-10 which was last time she was weighed and measured.
Matt_Brooks Posted - 28/05/2010 : 21:59:25
To be honest im not sure on age.

Shes 12g and 16 inches in length
matty18714 Posted - 28/05/2010 : 21:49:42
How old is the snake?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000