The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Transporting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/05/2010 : 17:43:17
Do i need to do anything to transport a corn snake??
im buying the whole setup viv complete

distance is 100miles by car anything i need to do to mimimise stress and how long should i leave it after transporting to let him settle down the corn is a male amel 3 yrs old

thanks in advance
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 27/05/2010 : 03:41:55
Matty and HannahB have given you great advice on transporting your new corn Andrew.

One thing you need to double check though....you say you are getting the whole viv set-up complete - do you know what that includes? The only reason I ask is that when I bought Kellog (and didnt know enough about corns ) I was told that it was a full set-up. I didnt go with my OH to collect him and when they got him home I found he was in a viv with a heat bulb with no guard, 2 dial thermometers stuck halfway up the viv's wall and one hide....that was it! I was not happy and had to then leave him like that for a week before I could start making the changes necessary....although that did mean I could get the vital equipment like a heatmat, stat, digital thermometer and another hide. He had lived in the same viv since he was a baby, with those conditions.

So just double check what you are getting so that you can pick up any extra bits and pieces before you collect your snake.

xxx
HannahB Posted - 27/05/2010 : 01:19:25
i put mine in pillowcases with a towel underneath to give them a bit of padding in the box, a week to settle in like Matty has said will help - no feeding no handling just regular water changes
matty18714 Posted - 26/05/2010 : 18:05:59
I would put the snake in a pillow case and then into a plastic tub with good ventialtion. Then put that infront of the passenger seat on the floor.

Once the snake is home leave it alone for a week.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000