The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Okeetee Eggs Laid!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gaz_1989 Posted - 25/05/2010 : 14:32:41
I have just been in touch with Sami at Mason Exotics again and her Okeetee female laid eggs on Sunday.

So hopefully in about 9 weeks she will have baby Okeetee's and fingers crossed i will be collecting one late August.

Cant wait!

Just thought id share my excitement! Lol.

Gaz
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:27:27
You must be so excited Gaz (and you are making so many of us jealous!) I cant imagine having my own rep room with stack and choice of reps I wanted....

Think the idea of taking on an adult rescue corn is a great one, you have learnt so much and are still learning and have the support you need on here....it would be a lucky corn to come home with you.

You know we will be wanting pics of the room as soon as you have it decked out how you want it!!

xxx
Gaz_1989 Posted - 01/06/2010 : 13:22:45
Carpeted my new viv room and moved all of my equipment into the new viv room cupboard at the weekend.

Just waiting for my Okeetee hatchling now and then im going to get my viv stack ordered and maybe look at getting an Adult corn from a rescue :-)

Gaz
Gaz_1989 Posted - 28/05/2010 : 07:59:18
More good news arrived last night...

Basically i have been planning what to do when the Okeetee is about 12 months old and is too big for the Faun. I have got Stella in the lounge, under the stairs (sloping wooden stairs in lounge). However, there is not enough height for a viv stack 2 or 3 tier without it getting too close to the T.V (right of the stairs) if that makes sense. We have jigged the room around a bit, but having a corner sofa means we are struggling to find anywhere decent for my stack to go...

Our 'Dining room' is too hot, as it is an 'add on' to the house and is basically a conservatory, with all glass sides, so it gets to about 40c in summer,(it was 38c at the weekend).

Upstairs we have only got 2 bedrooms, our room is rammed with wardrobes and a huge bed, and the babys room is well... the babies room! lol.

So i have been sulking!!!

Anyway... Last night the missus had a brilliant idea! She doesnt have many, but this was one of them! lol. She suggested that i have the porch (5' x 4') as a viv room!

Whilst its not the biggest of rooms by no stretch, it would easily house a viv stack and all of my viv accessories, and we dont use the front door anyway as we have patio doors at the back that we go in and out of.

So thats that!

Stella is getting a viv upgrade to a 42" x 18" x 18 - Just because i can :-D

And for now the hatchie is going on top of Stellas viv in its faun, then when the hatchie is too big for the faun, im getting the viv stack in the 'viv room', im having a 4 tier stack, the bottom is going to be for storing all of my equipment, and then 3 spare vivs :-) One for the hatchie and 2 for new snakies.

Stella is staying in the lounge in her luxury viv seeing as she is my baby :-) Hehe.

Gaz
Kellog Posted - 28/05/2010 : 03:06:09
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

....Its a win win situation really :-D xx

You really do have it all worked out, dont you Gaz ....why doesnt that surprise me !!

xxx
Gaz_1989 Posted - 27/05/2010 : 08:07:03
haha, nah i really dont care who's snake it is.

If she decides that 'Scrumpy' the new okeetee (yes ive already named it, hehe) is hers, then i will have to get an Anery that will be mine! lol.

Its a win win situation really :-D xx
Kellog Posted - 27/05/2010 : 04:35:00
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

Thanks to all.

Kellog - take this as an official warning - MITS OFF THE OKEETEE! Lol.

But yeh you can add it to your foster list, lol.

I cant wait, and my missus is excited too! She is a bit scared of Stella because she has never held her and she thinks that now she is a bit bigger (almost 3 foot) she would hurt her if she bit her. I know she would be fine, Stella has got such a soft temperament, she has never gone for anyone.

But my missus wants to handle the Okeetee from young so that she is used to it and can get it out to play while im at work :-)

Gaz

Thanks Gaz....I wouldnt dare touch your Okeetee, mainly cos I know what a great owner it will have , but I am very glad to be its foster mum !

It is a shame that your OH never got used to handling Stella, but it is lovely that she is already determined to do so with this one - even before it has hatched she has made up her mind ....and I get the impression that once your OH has made a decision there is little you can do to change her mind !

Careful though, does this mean there may be arguments as to whose snake it is....or dont you care as long as there is another corn in the house ??!

xxx
Gaz_1989 Posted - 26/05/2010 : 10:29:41
haha, thats what i though. Who am i to let her down :-)
Mouse Posted - 26/05/2010 : 10:05:39
Thats great that she wants to get over her nervousness, and if it means getting a new corn then...*shrugs*...who's to argue!!
Gaz_1989 Posted - 26/05/2010 : 07:56:23
Thanks to all.

Kellog - take this as an official warning - MITS OFF THE OKEETEE! Lol.

But yeh you can add it to your foster list, lol.

I cant wait, and my missus is excited too! She is a bit scared of Stella because she has never held her and she thinks that now she is a bit bigger (almost 3 foot) she would hurt her if she bit her. I know she would be fine, Stella has got such a soft temperament, she has never gone for anyone.

But my missus wants to handle the Okeetee from young so that she is used to it and can get it out to play while im at work :-)

Gaz
Kellog Posted - 26/05/2010 : 03:34:40
That is fantastic news Gaz....I am not surprised you are so excited about getting an Okeetee.

IF I had a wish list then they would definitely be on it but I have to make do with being foster mum to my internet snakes, like Sammysnake's Twilight (so I have another anery), SB's Auora (that beautiful pewter)....any chance I could add your Okeetee to that list - it would just mean that if it ever came to the point where you just had to get rid of it or that you felt I was suffering so much having only 2 snakes that I needed another 1, then you could send it to me to look after !

Please keep us up-to-date on how the eggs are going and I hope they all hatch, shed and eat well, so your baby is ready to come home in August!

xxx
Dan-sunkist Posted - 25/05/2010 : 19:43:15
congrats
crazy JJ Posted - 25/05/2010 : 18:45:03
n'awww there gorgeous snakes hope ya get one :D
my wish list is whey to long i wont even bother to write mine lol :D
n/a Posted - 25/05/2010 : 16:44:07
i want too many to list. need a bigger house first. hope all goes well fro you gettni your new baby
reptiledanny Posted - 25/05/2010 : 16:19:17
nice wish list, my wish list is all exensive

amel stripe het caramel female: maybe getting this year
snow stripe het caramel female: choice between this or amel stripe
butter stripe het anery male: 2011/2012
xanthic snow male: 2011/2012

hypo lav: 2012/2013
bloodred: 2013/2014
pied-sided pewter:2013/2014

guna cost me alot, the ones in bold are the main ones and then after that it could all change
DannyBrown91 Posted - 25/05/2010 : 15:45:30
Congrats mate.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 25/05/2010 : 15:06:35
Thanks!

I think i have managed to shorten my wish list to...

Snow - Got
Okeetee - Hopefully Getting in August
Lavender - Next Year
Anery - Next Year
Butter - Year After

Think my other half would make me stop at that! lol.
SexyBear77 Posted - 25/05/2010 : 15:02:41
Great news!
HannahB Posted - 25/05/2010 : 14:39:48
fingers crossed for you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000