The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 I'v lost Izzy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 24/05/2010 : 16:44:50
OMG don't know how but somehow Izzy has got out. I had him out on Saturday to have a play in the garden and put him back as normal. I had the viv open about 5mm yesterday to allow some air to get in when I had then fan on but i kept a good eye on it and it hadn't been pushed open. There is no way he could have squeezed through the gap as the part where he has had an injury at some point isn't flexible enough. I can't remember seeing him since Saturday. I just went to check on him cos I thought he might have gone into blue n thats why I hadn't seen him.

I am just about to start the big search but I'm really worried cos Iv had the back door open and windows open all weekend. It's feeding day today too so I'll make a bottle trap tonight althought he is a funny eater. He didn't eat last week so hopefully he will be hungry.

I just don't know how I'm gonna tell Rhys. He is going to be gutted.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 25/05/2010 : 17:59:51
it is the best moment i the world wen you find your lost snake, and must have been heart renching for you when you found out that he was gone, this thread brought a tear to my eye to think someone had to go through it like i did, and it brought back memories of monty when he was gone. so glad for you!!!!

well done
n/a Posted - 25/05/2010 : 17:15:50
So glad you got him back! Congrats
kdlang Posted - 25/05/2010 : 14:17:07
Thanks all. Rhys was demanding I buy a new snake as soon as I told him Izzy was missing so he was very happy when he was found safe and sound. He told Izzy he was very naughty lol.

I think the only way he could have got out was the tiny gap in the viv doors, unless one of the kids left the viv open and didn't dare confess. I have reiterated the importance of not opening the vivs without me present and I hope if it was one of them then the scare will have taught them a lesson. I have certainly learnt not to have the viv open even the tiniest amount although I would certainly love to see how he would manage to get through a gap so small - a snake about 1.5" across getting through a gap no more than 0.25" is beyond my imagination.
inkiepixie Posted - 25/05/2010 : 14:04:14
So glad he's home. I'm still recovering from Bella's almost three months AWOL, the naughty little worm.
Mouse Posted - 25/05/2010 : 10:37:49
congrats!
Kellog Posted - 25/05/2010 : 03:27:34
That must have been 4hrs of hell Kd! When I began to read your post I began praying straight away....and then as I scrolled down I realised it was unnecessary as he was found safe and sound (and fairly quickly!) .

That is such a relief to have him back where he belongs, even if he is throwing evil looks at you !! Little does he know that he is actually where he should be, safe from that big bad mean world!!

How is Rhys? I am assuming you had to confess to him that you had lost his snake?

Would be really good to try and work out how he got out so it doesnt happen again. I know you think leaving the viv open that small gap may have made it impossible for him to escape (especially considering his kink)....but corns will always surprise us. I have been so tempted to do the same because I am struggling to keep the temps down, especially in Silvesta's viv, but I know that he would be out and gone given the tiniest millisecond of a chance.

Prayers answered Kd !

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 25/05/2010 : 01:08:07
congrats on finding him :D
you can now breath :D
mozacchio Posted - 24/05/2010 : 23:10:26
You are so lucky!
Happy everything turned out fine..!
HannahB Posted - 24/05/2010 : 23:05:50
glad you found him
n/a Posted - 24/05/2010 : 21:14:09
i am glad you found him
n/a Posted - 24/05/2010 : 21:09:24
Glad you found Izzy
kdlang Posted - 24/05/2010 : 19:16:41
worry over. He is such a lazy git that he didnt get far. The first thing I did wen I couldn't find him was strip the viv down, including pulling away the exo-terra background to make sure he hadn't got behind there. Then started a search of the area around his viv and worked my way away from there. I found him under one of the sofas and didn't even try to get away from me when I pulled him out. He is back in his viv throwing me evil looks now. Thanks for all the quick advise
n/a Posted - 24/05/2010 : 18:18:24
hey mine escaped a few months back,i found it luckily sat under the viv... mite be worth checkin there mate
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/05/2010 : 18:00:09
Go through the rituals of flour in doorways and across hallways etc. Even if you don't think a snake could've got under a door, then still put flour down, if they can get their head in the gap then they can get through it.
My Sooty has not long come back after a 3 day jaunt in the flat somewhere, so you're not alone in the worry/panic either.
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 17:31:06
good luck xx
reptiledanny Posted - 24/05/2010 : 17:27:25
heres the topic that o gpt made when i lost monty, it has everything you need to now
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7096&SearchTerms=lost,monty

hope you find him soon, remember don't panic
n/a Posted - 24/05/2010 : 17:20:21
First things first - don't panic. I know that's difficult but you do need to be thorough when searching and panic will make that impossible.
Firstly, check the viv very carefully - go through the substrate carefully as they do have a tendency to burrow.
Next, you need to go through the room where the viv is very carefully - start at the top of the room and move down. Check everywhere, no matter how unlikely it would seem. Have an area that you can put everything after you check it and before you replace it to its normal position, check it again.
Put flour round the skirting boards and across doorways.
Make sure you keep a supply of water down (especially in current heat).
I'm sure others will come on with ideas and suggestions.
Most of all - GOOD LUCK! I'm sure she's safe and will be found - one of our snakes disappeared for 7 months and returned safe and well!
mozacchio Posted - 24/05/2010 : 16:48:49
Did you check in the substract and every tiny hide there is in the viv?
Maybe you already have but the first thought that popped in my mind was that she might still be somewhere in the viv.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000