The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Bad Shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Figs Posted - 24/05/2010 : 14:00:03
Ooof sorry, i am having some snake problems today!

Felix has shed
...but not very well
his head and eyecaps have come off fine, as well as his tail, but his middle is all scruffy and 'flakey'

i've never had anything like this before since Goonie and Dinger are good shedders.
Is it ok to put him in a cricket box or something with damp paper towels for a while??

please excuse my panicking
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 25/05/2010 : 04:23:10
Never apologise for panicking Figs, it is a natural reaction when something is wrong with those we love!

HannahB has given you some good advice about using the damp towel, and if that doesnt work then you could do what Danny has suggested....but maybe swap both hides for damp ones (or put moss in his normal ones) as that way he is forced to use them.

Sorry you have this problem with Felix, but at least his eye caps and tail tip shed cleanly....and now you know to give him a little help next time he turns 'blue'.

Let us know how you get on.

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 24/05/2010 : 14:42:01
My sisters milk snake had a shed like this once and what worked for us was to give it a damp hide and let the skin soak a little and then let it run through a damp towel.
Figs Posted - 24/05/2010 : 14:30:28
thank you
HannahB Posted - 24/05/2010 : 14:26:34
you could - but personally id use a slightly damp towel or something with a bit of a texture on so that he can slither over it and it may help him a bit more,
or you could hold him and use the damp towel to let him slither through it and it may help get it off that way

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000