The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 warm end temps dropped???!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 24/05/2010 : 10:30:38
What is goin on with my temps?? Since we have had the warm weather my temps in the cool end have shot up to between 23-25oC which I expected. Thing is tho my warm end temps have dropped to just above 26oC. They usually range between 27.5 and 28.5 with my stats set to 26. Iv checked the probes and they havent moved.

I don't know whether to turn my stats up or leave them. I'm worried that if I turn the stats up then the temps might end up going up too high when I'm not around to keep an eye on them.

Any advice?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/05/2010 : 10:36:06
I'm assuming you're measuring the temps with a digi therm at the stat probe point as well.

If so then it may simply be that the ambient temp is high enough to trigger the stat to turn off, 3 of my vivs practically haven't had the mats on for about 2 days now and it's at the point where I'm gonna be breaking out my cooling system as well if it carries on.

I measured one of my cool end temps at 26 yesterday, the hot weather is one of the most irritating things about keeping snakes and sometimes leaving a window wide open all day isn't quite enough.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000