The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 RUBs as vivs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
inkiepixie Posted - 24/05/2010 : 08:33:57
Now Bella is back home () we need to get her a more secure living place - Luna also needs upgrading. We have a chonking great big wood viv that came with Bella but it's too large for either of them at the moment, and for the next couple of months funds are a bit tight. Would RUBs make OK homes for them in the mean time? Bella's current viv is 40cm by 22cm and quite deep (forgot that measurement) - what size would you recommend for her? Luna is in a medium flat faunarium; thinking of moving her up to the next size (46cm x 30cm).
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
inkiepixie Posted - 24/05/2010 : 11:38:08
Ooh interesting. Thank you.
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/05/2010 : 11:33:36
quote:
Originally posted by inkiepixie

Thanks Kehhlyr have you just put breathing holes in the lid?

I put 4 little holes on opposite sides about halfway up, just enough for good cross ventilation.
Holes in the lid aren't always as good because I believe it can create pockets of stale air, much like trying to breath at the bottom of a barrel.
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 10:55:09
baby snakes don't like big spaces, but basically a good rule is that if your snake is the length of two sides of it's home, then you may want to move them up to a slightly bigger one.
inkiepixie Posted - 24/05/2010 : 10:54:15
Thanks Kehhlyr have you just put breathing holes in the lid?
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/05/2010 : 10:40:55
RUBS would make good homes for them yes, just run by roughly the same guidelines for viv sizes; length of snake=short+long side of rub.
Obviously with rubs (and vivs) you can go slightly larger or smaller if need be, but that's the rough measurements to go by.
Make sure you get rubs with decent lockable lids as well, they don't have to technically be rubs either I've got one of my snakies inside a big tupperware box that's about 13x13inch, 3 quid from Wilkos.
Dan-sunkist Posted - 24/05/2010 : 08:53:14
RUBs are fine lots of keepers use them its just that you cant see your snake through them and thats why some people dont like using them. as for how big i will have to let some one else answer that one.

im sure someone will be along soon to answer the size question

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000