The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Jakes finally coming out :o)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrsT Posted - 23/05/2010 : 17:57:34
Sorry to bore everyone but hubbys away so i've got no-one else to bore
I got Jake just over a week ago,he spent the first few days burrowed under the substrate,but the last couple of nights he's been poking his head followed very slowly by about half his body out of his hide I'm so chuffed.....i'm the most impatient person and couldn't wait to see him start to explore!just glad he's settling in.
Roll on pay day so i can go out and get some extra bits for his viv
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mrsT Posted - 28/05/2010 : 07:57:11
yeah as i've got a snake hubby wants a beardie.he's even gonna build his own viv!
was in the reptile shop last night and saw about 10 corns that i wanted
pay day came at last so jake has lots of new plants and orchids (all fake ),a big branch and a new water bowl,looks very nice in there now,even if i do say so myself there wasl iterally just 2 hides and a plant before so it was a bit sp****!
I'm also trying him on a small fuzzy tomorrow,he has been having 2 pinkies,cant wait to see what he makes of it!!

edit: that word is sp a r s e cant believe it blocked it out lol
herriotfan Posted - 27/05/2010 : 20:14:53
Oh yes, you must get a beardie too, such characters!!
n/a Posted - 27/05/2010 : 19:42:44
Bearded Dragons are fab as well MrsT.

I got Eugene (my corn) in November and it was my first ever reptile. It was then my daughters Birthday in January and she said she wanted a snake of her own, but since we already had one we decided on a beardy.

So at one end of the couch is a viv with Eugene in, and at the other end a viv with Penelope the Beardy in. Really good characters.
Kellog Posted - 25/05/2010 : 04:44:34
I can totally understand why you are so excited Carly....it is so good to see them beginning to appear after being in hiding from when you first got them....and they are so lovely to watch.

Although I hate the breeding season cos it means my corns are not eating it does mean that I see them out and about nearly all the time and I just love it....watching them burrowing so they disappear and then their heads popping up where you least expect it, watching them draped over their hides and curling up and around their branches....

I can tell that Jake is going to be one very spoiled snake !

xxx
Mouse Posted - 24/05/2010 : 11:35:54
Sprockett generally hides away most of the time, but Gobo is an exhibitionist and likes to drape himself all over his viv. :D and generally if I open the viv door, he'll slither out and onto me and sit on my shoulders!
reptiledanny Posted - 23/05/2010 : 20:03:15
quote:
Originally posted by mrsT

it's so nice to see them active though.I already want another one
hubby wants to get a bearded dragon,so we should be getting that pretty soon..yay!
is monty another gecko or a snake?

monty's my corn snake
elament Posted - 23/05/2010 : 20:02:02
We get it x 2. We have a viv at each end of the settee and while i am being spied on from one end my OH is getting the same treatment at the other end. Its great watching them peeking at you its so endearing.
Sta~ple Posted - 23/05/2010 : 19:28:47
quote:

It is!!I'm soooo impatient
He usually starts to peek out around 9pm......so you can guess what i've been doing each night i'm so sad lol

Your not sad! I often look at mine when they are out and about! I also tell them off if they move any of their viv bits about XD It's lovely to see them exploring!
mrsT Posted - 23/05/2010 : 19:07:29
it's so nice to see them active though.I already want another one
hubby wants to get a bearded dragon,so we should be getting that pretty soon..yay!
is monty another gecko or a snake?
reptiledanny Posted - 23/05/2010 : 18:57:37
yey, some piccies, cannot wiat.

i hate it when you have pics but cannot get them onto the laptop, so annoying isn't it.

i do the same, i get up at like midnight just to come downsairs to see my gecko out and about as she is only evr out when it's complee darkness and then i go back up to my room just to look at monty using everything i have bought him
mrsT Posted - 23/05/2010 : 18:46:42

[/quote]

i sometimes get up just to have a nose at my corn out and about, so we are both as bad as eachother then
[/quote]

i really want to get some pics of him on here,i'd love to know what type he is,but my cameras broken and i cant find the leads to connect my phone to the laptop,i'm on the hunt for them now so with a bit of luck i might be able to post some pics tonight
n/a Posted - 23/05/2010 : 18:40:03
quote:

He usually starts to peek out around 9pm......so you can guess what i've been doing each night i'm so sad lol

i sometimes get up just to have a nose at my corn out and about, so we are both as bad as eachother then
mozacchio Posted - 23/05/2010 : 18:37:52
We've all been through this, so yes, i feel your pain!
Patience my yound padawan (Star Wars forever )..!
mrsT Posted - 23/05/2010 : 18:35:33
It is!!I'm soooo impatient
mozacchio Posted - 23/05/2010 : 18:03:06
Haha!
I bet waiting is killing you..!
Glad he is settling in!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000