The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Wow my guesses were really off XD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 16/05/2010 : 10:05:18
Just used snake measuring software to measure my adults, they were both shorter, than I expected! I guessed Char at 4ft and Venom at 5ft5. Char is actually 3ft8 and Venom is 5ft1. Just goes to show that trying to measuring your snakes based on their tank viv messes things up *_*
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LittleMick Posted - 16/05/2010 : 13:10:07
That snake measurer is pretty cool, I use it to measure Elijah (Corn Snake), Elle (Leopard Gecko) and I will use it measure my scorpion as well.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/05/2010 : 11:14:52
Well no proper way, my guessing were guesses. I took all the stuff out the viv, measured the viv and then guessed a measurement when the touching were touching the front and sides of the viv. Venoms guess was also based on me having him out on my bed and me lying next to him and my boyfriend said he was longer than me or about the same size of 5ft2 although in his viv he really does look longer.

To measure them I used http://www.serpwidgets.com/Apps/apps.html and I took two photos of each of them just to make sure. I used a 15cm ruler as reference (although if you actually measure the whole ruler it's actually 16cm) My guess on my little red hatching was right though although I thought he would be shorter. I guessed 33cm and he is about 33/34cm.

I guess the thickness of the wood of the viv kinda messed up my guess and I guess Venom's fatness also made me guess longer. Although it does kinda make me feel happy I guess that I'm actually longer than him.
n/a Posted - 16/05/2010 : 11:05:08
That is some difference!
How did you measure them?
xXx
Dan-sunkist Posted - 16/05/2010 : 10:50:55
so how did ya actuallly measure them i realy want to measure houdi as im not at all sure how long he is but cant get him to stay straight

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000