The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Body VS Neck diameter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tinamiles Posted - 11/05/2010 : 19:04:40
Hey guys!
Random question, but im abit worried about Blaze! His appetite is brill and he's now taking medium-large fuzzies, and they are just a smidge wider than his widest part of his belly - but about double the width of his neck! He takes them fine, but im so worried about how the first 3" of his body seem a few months in growth! Is this normal??
Thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 12/05/2010 : 04:15:49
I totally understand why you were worried Tina and I have been the same even with my adults, but it really is amazing to see how much their necks stretch to adjust to the food going down....you just have to look at some of the pics on here to see that. It is also scary when their jaws seem to disconnect and go at different angles to each side....but it is all natural and as long as the food you are feeding Blaze in no bigger than 1.5 times the size of the widest part of Blaze's body girth then he will be fine.

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/05/2010 : 20:21:29
Reggie and Caspers necks are also around half the diameter of their widest point so i think its pretty normal. I understand why you were worrying though, its quite a stretch getting it down the first few inches.
tinamiles Posted - 11/05/2010 : 19:09:58
Forgot to say, i thought about this because i just fed him+the pinky popped while he was eating it+i glanced at him to see blood dribbling out of his mouth+down his chin! Panicked like mad thinking he'd split his jaw open trying to eat something too big - but ive checked him over+it was defo pinky blood! He re-aligned his jaw+his mouth was fine, but my hearts still pounding!! (although, it was cool cos he looked abit like a vampire snake!)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000