The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeding dilemma

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/05/2010 : 13:25:11
As you may know I moved P into a new viv last Sunday and began one of those horrible week long settling in periods that we all hate so much. She would have missed her feed during that week (which is no problem) and would have been due again yesterday/today; nothing too taxing yet...

To make things a little less clear cut, after moving in and exploring for the evening, she decided that it would be a perfect time to prepare to shed and not venture out into her new surroundings. She's now shed and due another feed but since she's not really had time to aclimatise to the new surroundings I'm faced with a choice of leaving her be or seeing if she wants to eat. I'm comfortable either way but thought I'd just get some of your opinions
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 06/05/2010 : 03:39:32
I am no expert Miles, but she will have had time to explore her surroundings before going blue and I am assuming that you moved some of her old substrate, hides, etc into her new viv? So it is not as big a change as when you first got her and she had to have time to destress after the move, get used to the new environment and you etc.

As she has shed I would suggest that you offer her a feed and if she is not interested then leave her until her next feed day is due and try again. Corns can go a long time without food so it isnt really an issue, but you may as well try and see if she will take it or not....I see no real reason not to.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000