The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 It's shed time!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/05/2010 : 19:57:47
And I'm determined to capture the moment! P has been hiding away pretty much since I put her in the new viv and after a few days I got curious and checked on her, only to find her in blue. Just noticed her poking her cheeky little head out from one of her hides so I'm fairly confident that tonight's the night.

I'm hungry, I want to get some stuff sorted but she will not outsmart me this time
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
newsnakekeeper Posted - 04/05/2010 : 21:08:39
SB 7 years to see your snake shed plenty of time for me yet my snake only shed once and that was at night only thing i seen my snake do is drink and ave soak but one day i catch him eating lol
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/05/2010 : 20:51:28
I only saw one of mine shed recently, and it was only because I had to help him out of his old skin by holding it still whilst he slithered through. Took me 7 years though!!
Sizzlesmum Posted - 04/05/2010 : 20:11:58
Bless, what a shame after all the waiting lol

I've seen Cleo shed twice but Sizz has always managed to shed in secret
crazy JJ Posted - 04/05/2010 : 01:39:26
lol hehe... typical (although im lucky enough to of seen all mine shed :D well except the 2 newbies of my lot) but its great to watch.

hopefully u will get to see it next time :D
HannahB Posted - 03/05/2010 : 23:41:34
haha, sorry for laughing but its always the way - i was lucky enough to have mont shed in my hands last week, couldnt get any pics as luke had my camera in his work bag..at work with him was fantastic though as its a first for me
n/a Posted - 03/05/2010 : 20:36:31
I shall be having words with the mistress later on don't you worry!
Kellog Posted - 03/05/2010 : 20:22:03
Sorry, got confused when you said she was in blue....thought you meant she was just starting .

But oh no! You missed it yet again!! I told you....a corn conspiracy!

xxx
n/a Posted - 03/05/2010 : 20:19:00
Her eyes cleared a couple of days ago Kellog and this is the first time I've seen her active since (and yes, she always manages to shed perfectly; never had a problem yet!)

But nevertheless, she has still managed to outwit me; in all my efforts and quick thinking to get my secret weapon set up, I failed to notice that in one of her nice new hides is... yep you guessed it... shed skin
Kellog Posted - 03/05/2010 : 20:07:01
If she is hiding away and her eyes are milky then you have a long wait ahead of you Miles....I would suggest you get some food now !

Once their eyes go milky and their skin turns dull then they are officially 'blue'. This means that they are virtually blind, which is why she is hiding away. She will stay this way for a few days and then everything will clear up and it will look as though she has shed but there will be no sign of any shed skin ....it will then be about 3 - 4 days after that before she actually sheds, although it differs with each snake.

When the time comes you will see her become more active, start rubbing her head against the side of the viv, her hide, any branches, etc....to loosen the skin. And then it happens quickly after that. But I had better warn you - there is a corn conspiracy to shed the exact moment their owners leave the room! I think a large number of our forum members have never seen their snake shed and a lot of the snakes shed overnight.

Did she shed ok last time?

xxx
herriotfan Posted - 03/05/2010 : 20:03:37
Fingers crossed!!
mozacchio Posted - 03/05/2010 : 20:02:04
Good luck..!
If you manage to get pics, post them right away!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000