The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 worming

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
punumbear Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:19:39
Does any one worm their snakes???.. as when i get three of mine sexed i may enquire about it..
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 28/04/2010 : 14:58:55
the risk of a CB snake fed commercial mice having a substantial worm-burden is unlikely. most owners only worm snakes if theres a specific problem rather than dosing them routinely
Kellog Posted - 27/04/2010 : 05:13:19
I know that SexyBear had an issue with Croc, who had 2 different types of internal parasites- pinworms and another type of flagellate parasite. He was being seen by the vet and being wormed. Looking at the info about him it seems they can only be caught from live feeds as freezing the mice should have killed anything within them. Wherever they came from Croc had them before SB got him as his situation was so advanced.

I havent heard of you worming to prevent worms, but going by SB's experience there are times when you worm to treat worms.

xxx
Gaz_1989 Posted - 26/04/2010 : 08:26:42
Im no vet but i would of thought that the likelyhood of a snake getting worms off your pet cat would be pretty unlikely?

I know that mice can carry them, but as long as you are feeding frozen mice then the problem is eliminated.

I feed my dog rabbit, and rabbits are a big carrier of worms, so i freeze them for a week before feeding.

Gaz
Sta~ple Posted - 26/04/2010 : 00:26:15
Yes I did although I can't remember much as I did not like it >.<
DannyBrown91 Posted - 25/04/2010 : 23:26:49
Did you ever watch Monsters Insdie Me on Discovery channel?

That was about various different parasites found in humans and how theycan be passed.
Sta~ple Posted - 25/04/2010 : 23:03:41
Wow thanks guys, you now have me scared of my pets and myself... You think human worming tablets would be readily avaible really if this is the case really.

So if my cats get fleas my snakies could have worms?
Twi Posted - 25/04/2010 : 22:51:27
yeah usually thats only if the mother has them though
DannyBrown91 Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:43:03
Some animals can be born with them.

Many puppies are.
punumbear Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:42:56
all animals have internal parasites of some form... just curious if anyone on here had done theirs..
Twi Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:41:23
theres a lot of ways animals can pick up worms, same as with people. They can even be passed by fleas. Thats why its so recomended that you worm cats and dogs so regularily.
Sta~ple Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:34:01
I have never heard about this before. It's only recently our vets have been advertising that you should worm rabbits but I thought animals only really got worms from eating funny meat like people.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000