The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 any ideas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 25/04/2010 : 08:13:43
My snake is 5ft long and I want a water bowl that is big enough for him to get into but I dont want it to take up half the viv space also without sounding tight I dont want to spend a fortune on something that I tend to hide with wood what could I use? The viv size is 36 by 18 by 20. If possible I would like ideas on something that is more long than round. Thanks
Steve
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 30/04/2010 : 04:19:15
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Nah mate no need for a smaller bowl he'll drink out of the big one what you do is move the waterbowl over his heat mat.

I dont think it is a great idea to only give the snake warm water on offer to drink Hillzi....if you have a bowl over the water mat to raise the humidity you also need to add another bowl in the cool end so that there is normal water for it to drink.

xxx
hillzi Posted - 29/04/2010 : 22:12:55
Nah mate no need for a smaller bowl he'll drink out of the big one what you do is move the waterbowl over his heat mat.

Thats the problem with huge bowls, they'd leave no space on the mat for a hide.

Failing that, you can put some spagnium moss in his warm hide over the heatmat. when he goes to heat up, the moss will be humid and thus it shall help him.

goes to find linky..
edit: added links

Here you go bud, http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1766&SearchTerms=moss,

How to prepare the moss and how to make the thing for the moss to go into if you dont want to put it in his hide..

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3699&SearchTerms=moss,

n/a Posted - 29/04/2010 : 21:02:33
Dont know if this will sound daft or not but here gose, If I put a big dish in the viv for him to swim in now that he is coming into shed, how do I keep the water warm for him and do I have another smaller bowl for his drinking water?
Sta~ple Posted - 28/04/2010 : 22:31:02
I got a big lasagne dish from asda for £3.50. If he uses it I will keep it in but it id going to take up a lot of viv space, if not he can keep his current dish.
Sizzlesmum Posted - 28/04/2010 : 20:55:01
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

lasagne bowls and snakes?? that just doesn't sound right lol
i could just see the checkout persons face if they say oh making lasagne tonight and you say no my its for my snake to go swimming in..lol

When I got Sizzle's dog bowl the girl at the checkout asked what breed of dog I had. You should have seen her face when I said it was for my snake lol
n/a Posted - 28/04/2010 : 20:14:04
lasagne bowls and snakes?? that just doesn't sound right lol
i could just see the checkout persons face if they say oh making lasagne tonight and you say no my its for my snake to go swimming in..lol
Sizzlesmum Posted - 28/04/2010 : 20:07:12
*Makes note to check out the lasagne bowls when next in Wilkinsons*

Thanks Kellog
n/a Posted - 27/04/2010 : 14:29:40
Mmmmm, lasagne... *wanders towards the kitchen* ;)
Kellog Posted - 27/04/2010 : 05:17:56
I did try this with Kellog, with a ceramic dish that you put under a plant pot....but he didnt use it and it just took up too much space in his viv and made it look crowded, not enough room for him to snake around - and he is in a big viv! Hope your snake enjoys swimming more than Kellog did!

xxx
HannahB Posted - 25/04/2010 : 18:06:53
im going to keep that in mind..lasagne bowls!
my king has a corner bowl which he happily tries to swim in once in a while - all 4foot of him lol
n/a Posted - 25/04/2010 : 10:46:15
Great I like the idea of the lasagne dish good call cheers
steve
Sta~ple Posted - 25/04/2010 : 09:30:27
This is exactly what I want as well! I have like a big dog bowl but it's not big enough and any that are big seems stupidly big and expensive. My snakie is a bit bigger than yours but Kazerlla's idea of a lasagne dish sounds perfect.
Kazerella Posted - 25/04/2010 : 08:50:56
I always buy lasagne bowls from wilkos for the big snakeys. Think you can get a massive one for about £4.

But like Reptiledanny says dog bowls would be alright if you'd prefer a round one
reptiledanny Posted - 25/04/2010 : 08:29:20
you could get a dog bowl, they are good as they cannot be tipped over and hold water well, do not get an exo terra bowl as what is described on the other thread.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000