The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Sookie's new viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kazzaboobers Posted - 23/04/2010 : 21:18:05
Well just wanted to share - Sookie has now gone into her new 24' viv - we fed her on tuesday and have left her alone so last night we put her old box inside the viv and decided tonight as it was all ready would open up the top and see what happens - well she was off like a shot - and hasnt stopped exploring!

Having seen her stretched out across the front of the viv she must be a cm off 2 foot already and her old box was 1/4 of the size of the new viv so am glad we have moved her up - will post piccies when i can - but rest assured she has lots of cover and hides in both ends - which is prob why she feels secure enough to ahve a good explore - well i hope so anyway - but who knows lol!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 26/04/2010 : 19:24:36
Aww bless her, I can't wait to see photos.
LittleMick Posted - 26/04/2010 : 18:09:58
That's good to hear, I take you'll be going to a 3' when the time comes?
Kellog Posted - 24/04/2010 : 03:32:23
That is great news Karen, knew it wouldnt be long before Sookie was in to her new home....and it sounds like you have done a good job with it as she is happily exploring it.

Are you planning on giving her a few days 'settling in' period? Dont think you need to do quite the full week but maybe leave her until her next feed....then feed her, leave her the 48 hrs and then start handling again. I know it seems frustrating and I am sure that some of the stuff in the viv is from her old box so has her smell on it....but it is still a new home and she will need a bit of time to settle in and feel safe in it.

Cant wait to see pics of it.

xxx
HannahB Posted - 23/04/2010 : 22:26:16
glad shes settling into her new digs ok
herriotfan Posted - 23/04/2010 : 21:28:26
Look forward to the photos when you get some. It's lovely when they settle in....makes everything worthwhile, all that hanging around for a week not being able to touch
She's a pretty girl and sounds like she has a good temperament to go with the looks!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000