The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Delight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/04/2010 : 19:42:02
I am very happy to report that my snake has had his first meal with me today and it went down a treat I know it sounds daft but I am so relieved.
Steve
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 24/04/2010 : 03:40:30
That is really good news Steve, and I am not surprised you are relieved about it - I am relieved every time my snakes eat....but then I did go through the experience of having my first corn decide to do a 13 week fast from the moment we got him! Both are off their food now and I will be breathing a big sigh of relief once they are eating again!

I dont think it matters how many times you see it, it is always amazing watching them eat. Their 'dinner' always seems much too big for them and then they somehow manage to get their jaws around it and almost 'walk' their jaws down the body.

I remember you mentioning that your corn was over 5ft, so it probably is a rat you fed it. Rats are thought to be more nutritious and have more calcium due to more solid bone structure than mice, but they are high in fat. I know a few members do feed their corns rats, but most of us tend to feed extra large/jumbo/ex-breeder mice (35g plus) every 10 days to 2 weeks. This is really just a maintenance diet as they are no longer growing and needing to put on weight. Kellog is just under 5ft and is being fed a jumbo mouse once a fortnight. Do you know the weight of your snake?

What is its name???

xxx
HannahB Posted - 23/04/2010 : 22:05:25
quote:
Originally posted by nottm335

Thanks I must admit it was fasinating to watch something with such a little head swallow something so big. I have to say although the rat was dead I still felt a little sorry for it lol.

glad he fed well for you
did you mean mouse or is he on rats?
herriotfan Posted - 23/04/2010 : 21:04:18
We all know those feelings, it's good that all went well.
n/a Posted - 23/04/2010 : 20:05:36
Thanks I must admit it was fasinating to watch something with such a little head swallow something so big. I have to say although the rat was dead I still felt a little sorry for it lol.
gmac Posted - 23/04/2010 : 19:48:19
it is not daft to feel relieved all new snake owners go through exactly the same thing . glad he enjoyed it and you. Hope you enjoy many meals together.
n/a Posted - 23/04/2010 : 19:46:40
Glad it went so well. I remember Eugenes first meal with me, i was so fascinated, and so happy that he did it first time of asking.
mozacchio Posted - 23/04/2010 : 19:45:21
I'm happy for you..!
Trust me, i feel the same way each time i se Spaghettino eat!
And i have fed him maaaaaaaaaaaaany times!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000