The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New arrival

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stoney2143 Posted - 19/04/2010 : 09:30:30
At last, On wednesday we welcomed our 1st snake into the Stoney household and its amazing.

Its an amel baby and this week is killing me not being able to handle it but what can you do if the little fella needs time to settle in then so be it.

Yesterday was feeding day and it took the pinkie with no probs as we all sat and watched in amazement, there is something very mezmorizing about watching a snake eat.

So now its just to come up with a name, we are struggling slightly as we dont know the sex yet and dont want to give it a girly name only to find out later its a boy and vice versa, I think i may start a naming competition on here with the winner having the honors.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 20/04/2010 : 04:00:14
So glad you have finally got your corn Wayne - now the Stoney household is complete....until you want another one!

You think the first week settling in period is bad....just wait until you have had a hold and found out have great it is and then have to sit through the 48hrs after a feed or time between them going blue and shedding....you feel snakeless, I am sure I get withdrawal symptoms! Actually, it is a really good excuse to get more than one snake as then you usually have one to handle each day - although it doesnt always work out that way.

You are right about watching them feed - have had Kellog a year now (actually will be a year tomorrow!) and I still love watching him eat and am amazed every time at how they fit that size of 'dinner' into their mouths and then 'walk' their jaws down the body.... Both snakes off their food at the moment and I hate it! (although I guess it does give me more handling time, just more worrying time as well!)

Good luck with the name....I am sure you will come up with something suitable! And good luck with the list, you know those one or two names Gmac mentioned....try multiplying it by a lot!

Looking forward to pics.

xxx

HannahB Posted - 19/04/2010 : 13:12:16
congrats on the new arrival,
look forwards to seeing pics
Sizzlesmum Posted - 19/04/2010 : 12:14:25
Congrats, look forward to seeing the pics and finding out what you decide to call him/her
elament Posted - 19/04/2010 : 12:12:43
If you didnt know you wouldnt think my two are the same morph. Colin is bright orange with red saddles and xena is pink with red saddles. When i first got xena i thought she might have been a candycane
DannyBrown91 Posted - 19/04/2010 : 12:01:54
quote:
Originally posted by elament

Agreed I got two Amels and both are so different (amazing how the same morph can be so different)but both are equally as beatiful.

It is amazing how one morph can have so many variations.
elament Posted - 19/04/2010 : 11:59:53
Agreed I got two Amels and both are so different (amazing how the same morph can be so different)but both are equally as beatiful.
herriotfan Posted - 19/04/2010 : 10:47:40
That first week is so long.....we all know how frustrated you are not to be able to handle your new baby. It will be worth it in the end. Looking forward to seeing the photos. Amel's are beautiful.......that's what I've got and he's awesome!!!
Sta~ple Posted - 19/04/2010 : 09:59:50
Aww bless :)looking forward to photos a the end of the week.
gmac Posted - 19/04/2010 : 09:51:20
it is always nice when you watch your first snake take the food, glad all went well with the feeding.

you will find one or two names on this thread, apologies if you have already seen this

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000