The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Curl 'n cling or slither 'n slide...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jennet Posted - 15/04/2010 : 16:23:51
Just noticed on anther post that someone else as well as me seems to have noticed that their female snakes are more likely to curl around your fingers, arms etc. and have a little squeeze, and the males are more typical 'guys' and are less curly/clingy and more likely to just cruise over and around you! My old male Tango used to be like feeding rope when he was out of the viv....

Anyone else noticed this???

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mouse Posted - 19/04/2010 : 11:15:36
Sprockett is generally more likely to find a hidy place, or zoom off, she's only started clinging since I've had Gobo, maybe she saw him doing it!

Gobo will wrap himself round me and be quite happy.

If mark's not about to hold her, I have to put Sprockett in the faunarium while cleaning her out*, but Gobo sits round my neck, and the last time, was so interested he was kinda getting in the way :D made me chuckle!

(*apart from the last time, as she's gravid, so she was buried in her verm, in a tub, so I took the tub out, she looked at me then buried herself again. I know I probably shouldn't disturn her, but her viv needed a clean. She seems happier now!)
KITTYCAT Posted - 18/04/2010 : 16:31:03
my casper (she) ties herself in some knots when out quite often i have to get my other half to unravel her from my arm she has always been like this since a hatchling she is now over 3ft
reptiledanny Posted - 17/04/2010 : 21:30:15
monty will do both, some days he wants to curl up on me other days he wants to explore.
Sizzlesmum Posted - 17/04/2010 : 21:13:42
Sizzle doesn't curl, he just heads for your neck and hangs out there
Cleo doesn't really squeeze but loves to curl up on your lap or hands
Jennet Posted - 16/04/2010 : 13:08:22
Now that you've said that Hannah... my one lad generally curls his tail round my fingers or the side of his rub when eating... like he has to anchor himself whilst nomming! The rest of the time though, he doesn't wrap too much... maybe not a male female thing then... just a 'trend' in the snakes I have... maybe it's my perfume
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/04/2010 : 19:10:00
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

my edison is the clingiest snake going.. 'he' has always been like it ever since i got him, he still feeds with his tail wrapped around something and you can see him start to stress when i put him on the bed to have some roaming time - he hates it!!
i say 'he' because im not convinced hes a he.. his tail is really short and stumpy compared to mont and luciens and whilst i know its not a totally reliable way of sexing it looks more like lib's tail so i think hes a she lol

I haven't hand any of mine sexed but noticed that caspers is quite stumpy and tapers from vent to tip quite quickly so i just sort of guessed it was a girl and the other 2 boys. Will have to wait and see though.
HannahB Posted - 15/04/2010 : 17:21:42
my edison is the clingiest snake going.. 'he' has always been like it ever since i got him, he still feeds with his tail wrapped around something and you can see him start to stress when i put him on the bed to have some roaming time - he hates it!!
i say 'he' because im not convinced hes a he.. his tail is really short and stumpy compared to mont and luciens and whilst i know its not a totally reliable way of sexing it looks more like lib's tail so i think hes a she lol
Sta~ple Posted - 15/04/2010 : 17:05:34
It's the opposite for me. My girl just picks somewhere and tries to whiz. My male used to go around my figures but he's too big for that now.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000