The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Heatmat in my new faun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stoney2143 Posted - 15/04/2010 : 11:45:04
I have just bought a new faun and all the equipment needed to set up a new home for a hatchling corn i am getting next week.

This may sound like a silly question to most of you guys on here but do i rest the faun on the heatmat or do i need to put it inside somehow?

I know only to cover one third of the floor and i must use a stat and so on but just thought id check.

Thanks in advance for all your help
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 16/04/2010 : 01:57:24
quote:
Originally posted by stoney2143

I have just bought a new faun and all the equipment needed to set up a new home for a hatchling corn i am getting next week.

This may sound like a silly question to most of you guys on here but do i rest the faun on the heatmat or do i need to put it inside somehow?

I know only to cover one third of the floor and i must use a stat and so on but just thought id check.

Thanks in advance for all your help

I dont have anything really to add as your question has been answered Wayne....but did want to say well done for getting your faun and all the equipment early so you can make sure that the set-up is running correctly before you get you hatchling next week - wish more people thought ahead like you are .

You mention that you know that you need to use a stat....hopefully you also know that you need a digital thermometer. This is because you cannot rely 100% on the stat as they have been known to malfunction.

And I back up Kehhlyr's comment....ask anything you need as we all have things to learn and the way to learn is to ask questions, and more often than not you will find that others want to know the same thing. SO KEEP ASKING!!

xxx

glynjones Posted - 15/04/2010 : 22:01:12
Hi

I got my new faun and the lovely Marge two weeks ago, i was told the heat mat goes on the outside.
I also put some tin foil between the heat mat and the cupboard to reflect more heat up.
Seems top be ok so far.

Glyn
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/04/2010 : 21:51:45
quote:
Originally posted by stoney2143

.......This may sound like a silly question to most of you guys on here but do i rest the faun on the heatmat or do i need to put it inside somehow?...........

Nothing is possible to be a silly question on here, we are all learning still regardless of experience and we've all gotta start somewhere.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/04/2010 : 13:42:36
Did you check out the warrington rep shop?

I left the web address in your introductions thread. They will probably have a good fews hatchlings in, 09 and possibly 10 as he breeds and buys from other breeders.
stoney2143 Posted - 15/04/2010 : 12:09:36
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Yes it goes underneath the faun

I thought so better safe than sorry though

cheers
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/04/2010 : 11:51:31
Yes it goes underneath the faun
Lilpunk Posted - 15/04/2010 : 11:48:33
Well I have a glass faun, so mine is on the outside, but I'm not sure what you do about plastic, I should imagine it would be outisde also, but better wait and find out

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000