The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Finally I'm a real owner!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 12/04/2010 : 21:22:28
Saracen's been getting increasingly aggressive at feeding time - look what happened today.

He hung on for ages. I must say I didn't feel anything at the time but it was a bit stingy afterwards () and has swollen up in two lumps now where the evil-killer-death-fangs went in (sorry, got a little carried away then!)

My little girl was very worried about me - not. She said in a rather matter of fact way - 'Oh well, at least now we know where his teeth go. Whaaat? I'm interested, I like to know these things!'. My husband was a little more gallant and tried to rescue me but I had to tell him to back off as he was trying to pull Saracen's head away whilst the teeth were still firmly embedded in my flesh.

All in all, something of an ordeal and I think I'll have a little lie down now. Will I be OK to drive in the morning do you think?

Whoah, looks like one of the symptoms of snake bite is overkill on emoticons......
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sizzlesmum Posted - 28/04/2010 : 19:34:10
That is impressive

Hope the Piriton works.
Sammysnake Posted - 28/04/2010 : 17:46:28
I'm quite proud of this actually. I might try some Piriton in case it's allergy related. This is today's pic, two weeks after the initial strike.

mikerichards Posted - 28/04/2010 : 14:53:07
i am surprised it has lasted this long, there must be some reaction there. I have had many many bites and nothing has gone on for more than a few days, even when i was bitten by an adder!
Sizzlesmum Posted - 27/04/2010 : 20:37:43
Hope the bite settles soon, is the area round the blister red?

My two have never bit me, threatened it when they were younger though lol. However, I was snake sitting my friend's daughter's wee snake and she was evil They got her as a hatchling and the reptile shop told them to get her out with a hook??? I gave up with the hook and scooped her out, usually with her striking at my hand. The tail rattled all the time and she gave us all the most evil look for such a wee snake lol.

Btw I would milk the sympathy too

Sammysnake Posted - 27/04/2010 : 20:22:20
It's nothing spectacular to look at and it's not so red and itchy now but it's definitely still there. Initially it went away but has flared up again - you can see little raised spots a bit like insect bites everywhere that a tooth scratched. One place looks like a little blister. Maybe I'm just slightly allergic. Nobody panic though, I'm just interested in it (and also trying to milk a little sympathy).

By the way, the last two feeds have been fine with me leaving the mouse downstairs until Saracen's sorted and ready to eat. I get Mike to hold him whilst I get his dinner ready now!!
Kellog Posted - 27/04/2010 : 05:02:13
That is nearly 2 weeks later Sammy! Had it healed at all?

Nobbo's suggestion is a good point....and it may be worthwhile just showing it to your local chemist (stressing to them very firmly that the snake was not poisonous!!)....see what they say. Just seems a bit strange and better to be safe than sorry....

xxx
n/a Posted - 26/04/2010 : 15:50:36
Never been bitten by a snake yet - although im sure my time will come - been bitten by rats and hampsters and rabbits and they can be evil little things when they bite!

But i think ill stick with the biteless rather than wresling a boa !
n/a Posted - 25/04/2010 : 04:50:21
I'm yet to be a true snake owner, I've had the feeling that Leela's thought about it though.

If the swelling persists, I'm not certain but I believe its possible for fragments of the snakes teeth to break off into your skin? Again I'm not certain but it might not hurt (figuratively) to have a poke and a prod with tweezers like trying to remove a splinter?

But I'd wait for someone more experienced to confirm or deny!
Sammysnake Posted - 24/04/2010 : 19:09:00
The bite's come up red, bumpy and a bit itchy today. Thought it'd be well gone by now - he really had a good chomp for a little un.... or maybe he's infected with some hideous disease and my hand's going to drop off now (nothing like being a drama queen)
n/a Posted - 16/04/2010 : 15:24:23
I've fed mine twice now (only got her a couple of weeks ago), and she does seem to feel more aggressive on feeding days! Impressive marks!

Kazzaboobers - Sookie is BEAUTIFUL! I love her!
Mouse Posted - 16/04/2010 : 13:10:50
I know! It would think it was in Miami or Vegas or something! Love him to bits! He's such a gadget freak! :D

Aaaw, is it a lepoard gecko? I saw the book on his chair the other day.

Yeah, I'm not surprised! I bet they pack a punch! was it someone you know?!

I saw her in her viv, but you didn't take her out! :D

(just as an update, Sprockett is trashing the viv, one hide is upsidown, she keeps draping herself over everything, and rubbing herself against the viv like some manick window licker. She's being a grumpy ar-sed cow. Still no eggs. *sigh...fidgets...*)

quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Can you imagine the viv he would have?? It would have its own pc, own mobile, some serious mood lighting, and the lights would remote controlled!
I have a lovely little lady gecko for him at home, and have sorted out a deal for all the bits he needs, just need to talk to him again about it!

Tbh, I don't know why someone would hit a snake for being grumpy, he got leatheered for it, a 15ft conda is gonna hurt!

As for gloves, you don't need them for corns, they don't do any real damage, I don't know if I showed the boa when you came round, but she has teeth that would do some nasty damage to a hand or arm, and she bites every single time she comes out, so I would be a pin cushion before long, and leaking badly!

elament Posted - 16/04/2010 : 11:30:51
lol I knew that was coming. I so want one tho but two is my limit. Maybe when I get around to building in the vivs I will build three instead of two and see if i cant find a twilight clone. Mind you Kazzaboobers Sookie is also a stunning snake. AAARRRGGGHHH to many morphs help me help me
Kellog Posted - 16/04/2010 : 02:28:52
quote:
Originally posted by elament

Oh yeah and sammysnake if its put you off I will take (sighs its a hard job) twilight off your hands

LOL

I will add to Sammysnake's hands off - I am Twilight's forum foster mum and therefore if he were ever to need somewhere to come to then I would be first in line....as Sammy already knows !!!

And how you can think that Twilight would ever behave anything like Saracen and that Saracen's behaviour would put Sammy off wanting to keep Twilight is shocking !!!

xxx

Sammysnake Posted - 15/04/2010 : 17:57:28
quote:
Oh yeah and sammysnake if its put you off I will take (sighs its a hard job) twilight off your hands

Oi, hands off. Poor Twilight hasn't even done anything wrong - I don't want him being tarred with Saracen's brush! Twilight is the most chilled out snake in the world. I think he would consider it far too much effort to bite me - his feeding looks like it's in slow motion in comparison.
elament Posted - 15/04/2010 : 15:44:22

LOL
elament Posted - 15/04/2010 : 15:35:04
Defo would rather have a corn attached to me hand than a rat. Dunno about an angry boa tho think I will give that one a large swerve. Mind you I recently played with a large burmese and didnt think of what it could do to me if it felt like it but then that was so docile it was untrue.
mikerichards Posted - 15/04/2010 : 11:44:19
Can you imagine the viv he would have?? It would have its own pc, own mobile, some serious mood lighting, and the lights would remote controlled!
I have a lovely little lady gecko for him at home, and have sorted out a deal for all the bits he needs, just need to talk to him again about it!

Tbh, I don't know why someone would hit a snake for being grumpy, he got leatheered for it, a 15ft conda is gonna hurt!

As for gloves, you don't need them for corns, they don't do any real damage, I don't know if I showed the boa when you came round, but she has teeth that would do some nasty damage to a hand or arm, and she bites every single time she comes out, so I would be a pin cushion before long, and leaking badly!
Mouse Posted - 15/04/2010 : 10:13:05
I've never work gloves, but it never occured to me that I should. The only time she's ever rattled at me is when I went in to change her water yesterday, I must have startled her!

@Mike - why would anyone 'tap' a snake on the head and expect a positive response? who came up with that? (if someone tonked me on the noggin I'd get grumpy as hell!)

(oh yeah off topic, Gav said he'd been talking to you about getting Gecko's! If he does, it'll end up being a gadget gecko! )

mikerichards Posted - 15/04/2010 : 06:11:18
I don't blame you judith, I don't put my hand in there without a glove!
Kellog Posted - 15/04/2010 : 04:40:32
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

quote:
you were obviously so overwrought that you couldnt even spell emotions

I thought emoticons was the name for the little smiley/scowly etc faces we put on to emphasise the feeling behind the words we type - know what I mean Oh, by the way Ju, have you been getting any emails from me over the past few weeks? Not chasing, just checking they've got through...........

Ok, my brain fog moment ....thought you had just spelt emotions wrong considering your emotional state , but I think you are right about emoticons being !!!! My apologies!

Last email received was few weeks ago regarding your daughter....have kept meaning to reply but am afraid the world is passing me by too quickly at the moment to deal with stuff as too much going on - but you are not forgotten and I have so much to tell you!

Mike - quite happy to stay a 'fake' owner rather than face your boa !

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000