The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 info on new viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 11/04/2010 : 10:41:52
Hi all i've done a search and got the basis of what i need but just want to be sure. I've just bought http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320509404846&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT and i'm wondering when i put my heat mat in do i put it inside the tank and cover over with substrate? at the mo i have a starter tank and the mat is on the outside of the tank (underneath). Also there is no lighting in this tank which will be set up in my living room so fairly bright but will i need a light inside tank? (if it does i will fit a guard so snake can't touch it). Lastly will the viv be big enough for a fully grown cornsnake in the future? Thanks in advance for your help. Atb, Kristian.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/04/2010 : 18:23:50
cheers! if i can get 2yrs out of this vivarium i'll be happy that'll be £13 well spent
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/04/2010 : 16:39:23
quote:
Originally posted by titchyboybach

cheers for the replies peeps! i have got a 3ft fish tank in my garage that is not in use would this be ok when she's bigger? also roughly how long are we talking before she outgrows the viv in the link? cheers, Kristian.

That would depend on how big and old she is now, but i would say when she is around 3 years old possibly.
n/a Posted - 11/04/2010 : 15:31:52
cheers for the replies peeps! i have got a 3ft fish tank in my garage that is not in use would this be ok when she's bigger? also roughly how long are we talking before she outgrows the viv in the link? cheers, Kristian.
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/04/2010 : 14:55:40

It's 18 inchs deep and 2 ft wide, so a snake will be good in that up to about 3.5 to 4ft long.
It's got a decent height so with loads of climby stuff should be able to have a lot of climby stuff in there as well.
Although corns prefer terrestrial vivs, a bit of height would give it something to do and a bit more fun trying to find an escape route.

quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

Cant see the viv as the item has ended

xXx

Scroll down when the page loads.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/04/2010 : 11:39:19
The heatmat would go inside the vivarium and you would need to drill holes to allow the cables for the heatmat and stat to come through the side.

You would not "need" lighting but it can be added it needs be.

This would not be big enough for a fully grown corn snake. Fully grown corns need atleast a 3 foot vivarium and this is only a 2 footer.

You can move him up into this vivarium now, when he reaches around 3 foot long you should consider moving him up.

As a guide, a corn snake is ready to move to a bigger enclosure when the length of the snake equals the length + width of the current enclosure.

This is why many people choose to go straight from a faun - a 3ft vivarium.
n/a Posted - 11/04/2010 : 11:10:00
Cant see the viv as the item has ended

xXx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000