The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 unexpected shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misstwinkle Posted - 07/04/2010 : 21:08:35
i just went to get ocsar out and hes pale, which i wasnt expecting at all, he shed every 2 months since ive had him which was the end of july last year, his last shed was 1st march so i would have expected him to shed the first week in may. but hes a month early..
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 09/04/2010 : 15:22:35
Ahh its never anything to worry about, afterall its a natural thing that they do for various reasons.
misstwinkle Posted - 09/04/2010 : 13:54:42
he probably has just put on weight and needs to shed. hes still pale and hasnt moved. just wasnt expectin it to happen and made me worry alittle.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 09/04/2010 : 13:02:49
It could just be that with the bigger food he is punting on more wieght quicker and feels the need to shed.
Kellog Posted - 09/04/2010 : 03:21:42
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

..........It may be that he is going into his normal shed, but just doing is slowly as things do slow down this time of year - Kellog went really pale and it took over a week for his eyes to cloud over and then longer than normal for his eyes to clear and for him to shed......

xxx

I thought everything would have started to quicken up by now, officially we are into british summer months. I know Casper is going through the process much quicker than last time, it took her like 10 days between her skin dulling and eyes going cloudy and then clearing again, this time around i think she was cloudy for about a day and a half blue for 3 days and her eyes hadcleared last night. Last time her eyes cleared it was like 4 or 5 days untill she actually shed.

Maybe Oscar is just a bit behind the times ! Kellog shed 2 weeks ago, so maybe for him it was just the tail end of the 'slow season' . Looks like Silvesta is going to shed soon so it will be interesting to see how different the timing is.

Just wish I could help Kirsty more....but all I can speak on is my own personal experience ....

xxx

DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/04/2010 : 12:21:18
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I certainly wouldnt think that it would be something to worry about....he obviously has a reason for going into a shed so soon. You say that he is pale....are his eyes cloudy yet? It may be that he is going into his normal shed, but just doing is slowly as things do slow down this time of year - Kellog went really pale and it took over a week for his eyes to cloud over and then longer than normal for his eyes to clear and for him to shed.

It could very well be that the change in his diet has meant he has put on weight quicker than usual, even though they dont seem that much different in size from the mediums - you would be surprised.

He knows what he is doing and there will be a reason for it, just keep an eye on him and hopefully everything will be ok....but please remember that I am no expert, so these are just my personal opinions.

xxx

I thought everything would have started to quicken up by now, officially we are into british summer months. I know Casper is going through the process much quicker than last time, it took her like 10 days between her skin dulling and eyes going cloudy and then clearing again, this time around i think she was cloudy for about a day and a half blue for 3 days and her eyes hadcleared last night. Last time her eyes cleared it was like 4 or 5 days untill she actually shed.
Kellog Posted - 08/04/2010 : 02:53:48
I certainly wouldnt think that it would be something to worry about....he obviously has a reason for going into a shed so soon. You say that he is pale....are his eyes cloudy yet? It may be that he is going into his normal shed, but just doing is slowly as things do slow down this time of year - Kellog went really pale and it took over a week for his eyes to cloud over and then longer than normal for his eyes to clear and for him to shed.

It could very well be that the change in his diet has meant he has put on weight quicker than usual, even though they dont seem that much different in size from the mediums - you would be surprised.

He knows what he is doing and there will be a reason for it, just keep an eye on him and hopefully everything will be ok....but please remember that I am no expert, so these are just my personal opinions.

xxx

misstwinkle Posted - 07/04/2010 : 21:42:56
he not had any injuries. i started feedin him large mice from mediums on th 14th feb, then 2 weeks after that he shed, so hes had 5 large mice since then, last feed was on sunday. i didnt think there was much of a size difference between large and mediums.
mozacchio Posted - 07/04/2010 : 21:27:04
I don't think there is anything to worry about. Snakes mostly shed when they outgrow their skin, so maybe it's due to the fact that he got a lot of weight these days (?). Spaghettino sheds every 1 and a half month. They also shed when there is the need, like when there is an injury. Just saying. I don't know anything about your case.

Edit: Sorry i wrote the same things that Karen said, but i startd writing before her answer was posted!
kdlang Posted - 07/04/2010 : 21:23:43
Have you increased his food recently and he has had a growth spurt? That was the reason Alice went into shed 4 weeks earlier than I expected. Other than that, has he had an injury that could explain it?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000