The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Sid's Finally Shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/04/2010 : 19:06:54
As it was my first shed with sid as ive only just got him.
I wasnt sure what to expect or the problems that mite arrive but im releived to say he's shed with no problems last night.
Ive checked the shedded skin no problems with the tail or eye caps so after all the worry of him being quiet and off his food he's now back to his his normal self bombing round the viv like a lunatic im going to leave him a few days to settle down then ill feed him.
My littleone is well chuffed he can now take the skin in to show his school mates as I had promised him that he could take the skin in after he's shed.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 07/04/2010 : 03:29:29
That is fantastic news Nick, I am so pleased for you and for Sid ! Even though both mine are adults I was very nervous when they 1st shed....especially Silvesta, as I didnt have any records (or even any memories ) from his previous owner. I was so pleased when each shed cleanly....and it looks like Silvesta is now coming up to his 2nd shed.

Well done for checking the eye-caps and tail tip, for making sure that Sid had shed cleanly. Am so pleased for your son, I know my youngest loves to show people Kellog's sheds and we have even given some away to his friends. It is so nice that you have got Sid's 1st shed when he is so young....with both mine being adults there is not much growth difference between sheds - but you just wait until Sid is a couple of years older and sheds....then compare the 2 !!

There is no need to leave him for a few days to settle down after the shed, I usually feed mine the day after (just cos it takes that long to defrost their food) while other forum members feed immediately afterwards. Obviously this only applies if they have missed a feed during their 'blue' phase, but I would assume that Sid has .

Also well done for keeping the records. I know it can seem a bit 'over-the-top' sometimes, but I have it proved to me recently how important it is to even know their pooing schedule !!

Would be amazing to catch it on web-cam. So few owners get to see their corns shed (am sure the snakes wait until we leave the room and then quickly slip out of their old skin and show their bright new colours just to frustrate us ). It certainly can be quick once it starts to happen and is such an amazing thing to watch, no matter how many times you have been lucky to see it. Have managed to get a few pics of Kellog shedding, but not videoed it yet - must try to do that sometime. If you do catch it then your lad could take that in to show his class !

xxx

n/a Posted - 06/04/2010 : 22:50:12
When he's due his next shed im going to try and set my web cam up in his viv to see if I can capture it now I know the signs so it shud be fun to see if I can capture it.
Ive had just over 2 weeks now so ive been lucky to have a shed straight away.
A young lad had him before and basically lost intrest in him so I didnt have any records of his feeds and sheds but the snake looks in perfect healthy condition im now keeping a diary of his feeds sheds etc so I have a record should the need ever arrise that he has to go to the vets.
herriotfan Posted - 06/04/2010 : 21:15:31
Pleased all went well for you.
I'm still waiting for my Sidney to shed since I we've had him. The last shed he had was the day before I got him so I might have to wait a while.
mozacchio Posted - 06/04/2010 : 21:10:34
Happy for you!
The whole shedding story is very fascinating..!
HannahB Posted - 06/04/2010 : 20:50:16
congrats on the first clean shed
ah iv got a drawer full of sheds back at my parents place lol.. just want Simba the king to shed and then il have one from all 9 of mine
DannyBrown91 Posted - 06/04/2010 : 19:21:23
All of mine are coming up to their secong shed with me. Casper and Reggie shed fine on their own but Candy needed a little help getting the last bit off her tail last time. Hopefully she should do better this time with a nice damp hide.
Figs Posted - 06/04/2010 : 19:11:50
woo!
congrats to you and sid :D
i bet he looks very handsome in his shiny new skin

i've only had one shed since i got my pair... come on Dinger!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000