The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 reptile accesories do you stock in the event of!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ari Posted - 25/03/2010 : 21:47:52
so just wondered what conditioners, treatments and other things you guys all stocked in the event of something happening.

an example zoo meds mite off in the case of a mite infection etc.. be cool to see what things are popular and working too.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
punumbear Posted - 16/04/2010 : 09:02:18
i got spare matts , stats, hides, fauns,water bowls.. have yet to sort a first aid kit.. got bsp drops &f10 gel(from vet) for any wounds .. and bio mist mainly to help the royal but they all get sprayed with tht..will probably sort frontline so would defo be interested if you get those snake kits sorted gp.. good idea.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 29/03/2010 : 23:49:13
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I have been eyeing up up but I have no idea how much to put in it since my babies have bottle caps and I'm no good with meaurements and weights >.<

Plus there is so many but I was thinking this http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/vetark-reptoboost-100g-1353-p.asp since I think the snappy one is only snappy because he is somehow stressed into thinking I will eat him or something.

Ohhh found some stuff you can spray in the aid of shedding http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/zoo-med-repti-shedding-aid-64ml-md-31-1338-p.asp
No idea if it works or if spraying water in the viv just does the same job as that.

I can't believe all the different vitamins and stuff for reptiles though and I've gotta wonder if half of them actually work or if they are needed. I should really invest in some of some of the stuff though really but they seem like such stupidly big amounts.

Many of them are, as GP was saying a cobyist probably wouldn't use it in 100 years lol. There are lots of vitamins out there but not many are needed for snakes. I think beardies need a calcium dust or something with their food, although it wouldn't hurt to give a snake some their should be sufficient amounts in the food they get.
Sta~ple Posted - 29/03/2010 : 22:40:36
I have been eyeing up up but I have no idea how much to put in it since my babies have bottle caps and I'm no good with meaurements and weights >.<

Plus there is so many but I was thinking this http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/vetark-reptoboost-100g-1353-p.asp since I think the snappy one is only snappy because he is somehow stressed into thinking I will eat him or something.

Ohhh found some stuff you can spray in the aid of shedding http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/zoo-med-repti-shedding-aid-64ml-md-31-1338-p.asp
No idea if it works or if spraying water in the viv just does the same job as that.

I can't believe all the different vitamins and stuff for reptiles though and I've gotta wonder if half of them actually work or if they are needed. I should really invest in some of some of the stuff though really but they seem like such stupidly big amounts.
matty18714 Posted - 29/03/2010 : 22:38:17
My bad
HannahB Posted - 29/03/2010 : 22:36:29
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I have a spare mat or two, a mat stat, ho****er bottle, large plastic tub and a small viv.

Health wise I have reptoboost, tamodine and another wound cleaner given to me by a vet once.

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Here in the UK i think the only venemous snake we can keep is a Western Hoggie

There are quite a few rear-fanged species you can keep here in the UK without a license, FWC for example.

yay im not the only one who made that mistake!!

**slaps matty on the wrist for swearing
DannyBrown91 Posted - 29/03/2010 : 22:23:53
Sta~ple you can get Reptiboost that you put in water, kind of like an energy drink for reptiles i think lol, good if you've got a snakey thats not eating.

As for a conditioner i'm not so sure, try not to raise the humidity too much though as you could cause scale rot or an R.I.
Sta~ple Posted - 29/03/2010 : 22:11:55
Head and sholders...

Um I would have thought damp moss? Or a moist hide would have been better. I haven't seen anything you put on or give to snakes that makes them look glossy Unless this is what you ment
http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/stress--rehydration-products-294-c.asp

I don't think there is any mite or reptile boost vitamins specificly for snakes I'm afraid, I could be wrong though. Can't recommend anything either as I have never needed anything but I would like to know if there is any good reptile boosting kinda stuff I can put in water for snakes as there is so many meds I don't understand what is useful and what's not.
ari Posted - 29/03/2010 : 21:33:58
can anyone recommend a conditioner for reptiles specifically for snakes? more of a moisturiser of some sort.
Sta~ple Posted - 28/03/2010 : 15:31:45
I have just bought a 2ft RUB for £5. It isn't very heigh but I don't think they really need the height and I will be using it for feeding time, when I clean them out and for baths! It also has air holes already in it.

I now have some megazorb and kitchenroll is available and if there's none of that I have newspaper. For my adults, I also have like 4 months worth of food in the freezer and some spare bulbs since they are still on bulbs. When I get the new vivs and they get heatmats hopefully I will be bale to be a spare one of those.

The first aid kit would be awesome, please make/put it together.
Kellog Posted - 28/03/2010 : 04:05:54
quote:

I have a spare mat or two, a mat stat, ho****er bottle, large plastic tub and a small viv.

Swearing Matty??? You are going to get your hand slapped !

Polcher - those Atheris hispida look amazing ! Am not surprised you couldnt resist them.....

Have really learnt a lot from this thread - only have kitchen roll and substrate , so really need to get a spare heatmat and stat asap (or as soon as I can convince my OH, which may not be quite as asap as I would want ). Think some of the Reptiboost would be a good idea too with having 2 snakes gone horny.

The sooner you get that first aid kit sorted GP the better!

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 27/03/2010 : 20:04:12
quote:

Health wise I have reptoboost, tamodine and another wound cleaner given to me by a vet once.

quote:

There are quite a few rear-fanged species you can keep here in the UK without a license, FWC for example.

Ohright.
matty18714 Posted - 27/03/2010 : 19:05:36

quote:

Mnementh Posted - 27/03/2010 : 16:51:27
Spare mats and stats in the event of a failure . I have 3 new mats and 3 new stats on hand ready to be used .

Always have a mass of kitchen roll .

Also have plenty of aspen in store , just for those events like a couple of days ago when one of the snakes tipped its bowl of water over .
DannyBrown91 Posted - 27/03/2010 : 11:40:51
quote:
Originally posted by Polcher

No. I try to handle all my snakes as little as possible, and these are extra tricky. Even if the poison isnt too bad they are REALLY fast and they cling to whatever they sit on at the moment so you could get bitten twice or more before getting them off you ;)
Im usually against keeping poisonous snakes, but when i saw these guys i couldnt resist.
When its time for cage cleaning i use a pair of 60 cm long hooks to lift the snakes to an empty cage, thats about the handling they get.

Thats cool, i only asked cos i wanted to know if they feel spikey haha. I didnt think that you would have handled them.
Pretty cool snakes though.

Do you need a liscense to keep them in Sweden?

Here in the UK i think the only venemous snake we can keep is a Western Hoggie but apparently their venom is similar to that of a bee sting, they're rear fanged and reluctant too bite so there isn't much of a risk unless you are allergic.
n/a Posted - 27/03/2010 : 10:21:55
No. I try to handle all my snakes as little as possible, and these are extra tricky. Even if the poison isnt too bad they are REALLY fast and they cling to whatever they sit on at the moment so you could get bitten twice or more before getting them off you ;)
Im usually against keeping poisonous snakes, but when i saw these guys i couldnt resist.
When its time for cage cleaning i use a pair of 60 cm long hooks to lift the snakes to an empty cage, thats about the handling they get.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 27/03/2010 : 00:00:50
quote:

Atheris hispida

They're pretty cool. Do you ever handle them?
n/a Posted - 26/03/2010 : 22:53:13
Atheris hispida
DannyBrown91 Posted - 26/03/2010 : 22:35:04
quote:

Medical: i have my vet's phonenumber on fastdial on my cell ...lol
I also make monthly checks with the hospital to make sure they have antivenom for my spieces in stock.

Other than that, just backup heatmats, thermostats... some liquid reptile vitamin and syringes (unsure about the spelling) that i inject into the dead mice/rats sometimes.
Bandaid for my self in case the tree python catches me.

Oh and i always have an empty cage incase i have to move one snake in a hurry ;)

Antivenom?

What venemous snakes do you keep?
n/a Posted - 26/03/2010 : 20:53:02
Medical: i have my vet's phonenumber on fastdial on my cell ...lol
I also make monthly checks with the hospital to make sure they have antivenom for my spieces in stock.

Other than that, just backup heatmats, thermostats... some liquid reptile vitamin and syringes (unsure about the spelling) that i inject into the dead mice/rats sometimes.
Bandaid for my self in case the tree python catches me.

Oh and i always have an empty cage incase i have to move one snake in a hurry ;)
n/a Posted - 26/03/2010 : 19:45:34
got a generator in the garage incase of loss of power, spare mats, thermostats, basic thermometers, loads of spare decor, at the moment a couple of spare vivs, rubs i dont stock meds as never needed to and if i did i would prefer smaller amounts

paul

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000