The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Advice Given to me.....Notice on Vivarium

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 20/03/2010 : 23:12:00
I was advised to put this notice on my bearded dragon/gecko/cornsnake vivariums....in case anybody has to enter your home in an emergency, or if your reptile needs urgent attention, and you are not around, for some reason.

This is Sidney's as an example...

HARMLESS NON-VENOMOUS REPTILE

My name is Sidney (Hissin-Sid)
I am a Cornsnake
I am a CB 09 (November)

I think this is a really good idea. I've got a notice on all my reptile homes.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilpunk Posted - 09/04/2010 : 08:09:34
I don't think we should denote it as an idea, but as some other people have said, the local council/authorities have to be told and must varify the keeping of venomous reptiles.

I like the 'harmless reptile' part, especially if in reptile shops, for the less experienced, but I don't see why you'd need them in the home
Blackecho Posted - 09/04/2010 : 07:04:14
Define harmless....
Stumpy Posted - 09/04/2010 : 03:25:07
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I've had this same discussion with people in the past.
It is a good idea, but if you were to keep hots (venomous) snakes then your local council would know and most councils tell you that you have to inform the emergency services so it can go on record that you have hots at the property.

It's a good idea, but sometimes not having it can be of a greater benefit, my MBK has scared a bailiff off that came round because of previous tenants.

Although I have never had a bailiff come round I like the theory, lol.

I got quite a few Jehovahs witnesses calling at times I am trying to get some sleep, I therefore answer the door with one of the snakes on my arm.
They just turnaround and have not yet returned.
LittleMick Posted - 08/04/2010 : 23:57:34
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

It is a good idea, but if you were to keep hots (venomous) snakes then your local council would know and most councils tell you that you have to inform the emergency services so it can go on record that you have hots at the property.

It's a good idea, but sometimes not having it can be of a greater benefit, my MBK has scared a bailiff off that came round because of previous tenants.

Although I have never had a bailiff come round I like the theory, lol.
eeji Posted - 21/03/2010 : 12:06:37
mine have species, sex and morph (and name if they have one) on their tubs, mostly for my own benefit so i know who's where :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/03/2010 : 11:17:15
I could totally undertand if it was a venemous species, telling them exactly what it was incase you needed anti venom and stuff but with none venemous snakes kinda seems a bit pointless, mine are all in fauns anyway so under emergency it would be quicker to just take the fauns haha.
mozacchio Posted - 21/03/2010 : 09:49:49
Here in Greece, the sign would be useless!
It doesn't matter if they are venomous or not..
They are snakes and snakes are bad!
Kehhlyr Posted - 21/03/2010 : 00:16:53

herriotfan Posted - 20/03/2010 : 23:38:54
Fire/accident/flood etc. Info useful so people know what's inside any vivs that need to be removed.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/03/2010 : 23:16:30
I don't quite understand why it would be needed, under what circumstances would anybody that was coming into your house need to know that information?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000