The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Milky eyes but no shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/03/2010 : 14:11:12
When I looked at my snakes eyes on wednesday (3 days ago)her eyes had turned milky blue indicating a shed but nothing has happened yet. Her eyes are now no longer milky blue and her skin looks normal. Any ideas?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/03/2010 : 11:14:08
Congrats, its always a relief when they have a nice clean shed. especially the first time round.
n/a Posted - 21/03/2010 : 10:59:54

Thank you all for your responses.

shakira has succesfully shed this morning, head 2 tail.

Must have been my own paranoia.

Cheers peeps
James
Kellog Posted - 21/03/2010 : 03:53:39
Everything you have been told is right James, and it is something that catches most new snake owners out - I know it did with me.

What you need to look out for now is for her to start rubbing her head around the side of the viv, against her hide, branch, any rocks etc. That is the sign that she is beginning to shed....and when it happens it happens quite quickly. Unfortunately snakes seem to know we want to watch them shed so do it when we are out of the room , usually at night.

When she does shed you need to check the shed skin to make sure that the eye caps are on the head part and that the tail tip is there - it is very important that neither of those parts are retained. If there are any signs of retained shed just shout (or type ) and we can help you out with dealing with it.

Hope you get to see it.

xxx
Twi Posted - 20/03/2010 : 20:16:16
Ginger eyes are clear for 7ish days before he sheds. I never notice Mouse is in blue until hes already shed. Normals shed once since i got her but i was away at the time so i don't know with her.
morph2010 Posted - 20/03/2010 : 19:38:50
similar to you danny, eyes were clear bout 4 days then started to shed soon after
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/03/2010 : 17:59:42
quote:
Originally posted by morph2010

harley shed recently it took him 6 days after his eyes were milky

How long after his eyes cleared though? The eyes go milky and then clear did you notice how long it was after the eyes cleared, casper took a while, her belly scales went very milky dusty coloured then about 4 days later her eyes went milky then about 5 days later her eyes and belly cleared and then after that it was another 4-5 days before she shed which was quite a while when compared to candy although it is hard to tell when he first goes into shed.
morph2010 Posted - 20/03/2010 : 17:41:35
harley shed recently it took him 6 days after his eyes were milky
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/03/2010 : 15:14:00
It should shed within a few days, I thought it was more around 3 days than 7 - 10 although i do no it can vary between snakes. It took casper around 5 days but only took Candy around 2. As for Reggie he hasn't been through the full shedding process with me yet as he shed after about 2 hours of being in his new tank the day i bought him.
devilsmistress Posted - 20/03/2010 : 14:37:33
It takes about 7-10 days after the eyes have cleared before they shed. so sit tight it will happen!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000