The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Confession!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 17/03/2010 : 00:11:29
Ok, I have a confession to make...no prize, or Blue Peter badge, for guessing what it is
The week is just about here (albeit a few hours) and I'm up late Echo watching. Hissin-Sid is peeping out of his hide........
"Hello, my little man, would you like to meet your mummy, lets see"
Sidney is a proper gentleman, he lets me scoop him up, without too much resistance, and soon he is weaving in and out of my fingers like we've known each other for ever. Bless him!!!!!!!
He was out for a few minutes and then I put him back, don't want to over do it.
I think I'll let him come out with me a couple of times tomorrow, so he starts to get to know me, then I'll offer him his first feed the next day. Then I'll leave him the suggested 48 hours. That's going to be nearly as long as the week for me!! However, I promise to leave him for the 48 hours because I really don't want him to throw-up his meal.
I'm so pleased with him, bless him.
I've waited so long for my own snake, now I know why......Sidney was ready for me at the same time I was ready for him....all slots into place
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 19/03/2010 : 10:10:56
Hi Judith
I was sorry to read about your dad, I do hope it's been caught early enough for a positive outcome. Cancer treatment can be hard to witness, as well as recieve, so be prepared for some tough times ahead. It's not all doom and gloom though. Believe it or not you will find some things funny! If you ever want to just chat, in private, about it you can email me anytime.
I also understand about being up at odd hours sometimes. I have one or two health issues and sometimes I'm about when most folk are in bed.
OMG hark at me, all gloomy....sorry! See what happens when I don't get my silky hand massage!!!!! LOL
Kellog Posted - 19/03/2010 : 04:04:31
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Hi folks
Ok, I was up very late (or should that be early?) but I did have two very good reasons a) Sids needed me to do some bonding with him!! and b) Echo needed to be kept an eye on with it being the first day/night here!

That is definitely a good reason for being up at that time of the morning , although I am not sure that many others would agree!!

quote:

You'll never guess what........was talking to our neighbour yesterday and he informed me he has got a cornsnake!!!!! I nearly fell over, could have knocked me down with a feather! All that time I'd been looking for a pet snake to visit and there's one next door all the time. Just shows how often we see our neighbours! So, of course, I had to meet Silvester who is a real darling. He is a really chilled out snake...a big softy.

I cant believe that there was a corn next door all this time and you never knew!! (actually I can believe cos I know how little contact I have with my neighbours ) Just imagine how much sooner you could have got your corn if you introduces your OH to Silvester.... !!! You are so lucky though having another corn lover right next door....I am seriously jealous! I dont have anyone living near me who has a corn or even understands my love of snakes .

quote:

Our son held Sids this morning. He wasn't very keen to begin with but his curiosity got the better of him (I knew it would) and he agrees that Sid has the most soothing feel to him. Will have to keep an eye that I don't loose him!!!!!!!

You knew that once your family got their hands on Sid that they would be converted . I dont think your son would ever dare even attempt to snakenap Sid - he knows how you would react!!! But maybe he might start thinking about his own corn soon .

quote:

Hi Elament.......
So true what you said about money and important things in life. My hubby had cancer back in 2000/2001 and that makes you realise just what is most precious. I know I laughed about him being a misery over me getting a snake, for a while, but when he was diagnosed my world fell apart. Thank God he is ok now and fully recovered but I never take things for granted anymore....make the most of every moment, treasure them forever.

Am sorry to hear what your OH went through but so pleased that he is fully recovered. My dad has been diagnosed with bowel cancer and is about to start treatment - it is hard. I just thank God that I have my faith to keep me going sometimes. I am chronically ill (hence why I post at silly hours ) and it does make you stop and see the little things in life and how important enjoying every minute is. How often does anyone just stop for a moment and see the beauty around them? Everyone is so busy rushing around in their busy busy lives to realise what is truly out there and to truly appreciate the gift in a child's laugh or the love in your partner's eyes.....

.....ok, enough of the deep and meaningful stuff !!

quote:

Well I tried to go on to photobucket site and follow instructions. No problem getting on the site but it won't take my pics for some reason. I'm not very good on these computer things so I'm going to ask one of my offspring to help, they're in the know about such things, being much younger than me at a mere 25 & 27!!

I understand exactly what you mean, I struggled with it to begin with and am seriously computer illiterate (as Chrissy and Hiper can vouch for!). Definitely get the 'youngsters' to do it for you, am sure they will love to help out....especially your son as he will now understand a bit of why you are so corn mad!

xxx
herriotfan Posted - 18/03/2010 : 20:23:54
Well I tried to go on to photobucket site and follow instructions. No problem getting on the site but it won't take my pics for some reason. I'm not very good on these computer things so I'm going to ask one of my offspring to help, they're in the know about such things, being much younger than me at a mere 25 & 27!!
elament Posted - 18/03/2010 : 18:31:07
well I was faced with either not paying my bills and having the possibility of bailiffs knocking on my door or watching my wifes face as her world fell apart thinking her wotsit was a gonner...
no brainer really you gotta do what you gotta do. When you going to put a pic up of sid so we can all compare snakes lol

herriotfan Posted - 18/03/2010 : 17:43:02
Hi Elament.
Yes I guessed so.....super snake, dont you think!!!!!
So true what you said about money and important things in life. My hubby had cancer back in 2000/2001 and that makes you realise just what is most precious. I know I laughed about him being a misery over me getting a snake, for a while, but when he was diagnosed my world fell apart. Thank God he is ok now and fully recovered but I never take things for granted anymore....make the most of every moment, treasure them forever.
elament Posted - 18/03/2010 : 17:29:56
Herriotfan Steve is the other snake I mentioned in my post that looks like your sid and my xena
herriotfan Posted - 18/03/2010 : 17:09:27
Sidney has had his 1st feed now....have posted as '1st Feed'
Steve looks like our Sids.....lovely snake!!
I did notice the times on other posts...not just me that sees the small hours!!
n/a Posted - 18/03/2010 : 13:39:08
lol well done Herriotfan, i'm so pleased all went well for you and Sids, it's a great feeling when they are happy to be with you. good luck with the feeding and the 48hrs will fly by, before you know it, you will have had him for 3 months and it will feel like he has always been there.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 18/03/2010 : 12:41:28
quote:

Hi folks
Ok, I was up very late (or should that be early?) but I did have two very good reasons a) Sids needed me to do some bonding with him!! and b) Echo needed to be kept an eye on with it being the first day/night here!

Lol did you not look at the time of judiths frist reply lol.
herriotfan Posted - 18/03/2010 : 11:18:09
Hi folks
Had an early night last night to make up for it. Not so sleepy today!
Oh well, the little fluff is thawing out ready for Sids first meal here. I'm looking forward to the feed but not the next 48 snakeless hours.
You'll never guess what........was talking to our neighbour yesterday and he informed me he has got a cornsnake!!!!! I nearly fell over, could have knocked me down with a feather! All that time I'd been looking for a pet snake to visit and there's one next door all the time. Just shows how often we see our neighbours! So, of course, I had to meet Silvester who is a real darling. He is a really chilled out snake...a big softy.
Our son held Sids this morning. He wasn't very keen to begin with but his curiosity got the better of him (I knew it would) and he agrees that Sid has the most soothing feel to him. Will have to keep an eye that I don't loose him!!!!!!!
Better go and do a bit of housework.......
Mishkaa Posted - 18/03/2010 : 06:55:38
Oh my Judith....you are a fine one to talk about being up at silly o'clock
elament Posted - 17/03/2010 : 17:43:30
lol and so it begins....
Kellog Posted - 17/03/2010 : 11:29:59
Is the forum clock wrong or were you up and typing (while handling Sids) at 4 in the morning !! It is no wonder you are tired!

He really does sound like a calm and settled snake, but then a lot of that will be because of the vibes you give off - I am sure you are not nervous at all but are being calm and confident.

The first feed is so exciting and I do hope it goes well, and you know how necessary the 48hrs wait is....even if it is very frustrating !! Having 2 snakes I usually have one of them to handle but it does sometimes happen that both are unhandleable (no such word I know, but best way to describe it ) at the same time - because they have fed at the same time, or are blue....and I hate it!! I find my snake handling so therapeutic and miss it so much when I cant do it.

Have you checked out this link for getting pics up (cos we want them asap - we have been waiting for Sids' arrival as long as you have!) - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

xxx
herriotfan Posted - 17/03/2010 : 10:15:14
Still on a high this morning.....very tired but very happy. I won't forget last night in a hurry.....was amazing!!!!
mozacchio Posted - 17/03/2010 : 08:57:20
Glad the first handling went well!
The first time is always funny because we are nervous..! Like kids waiting for candy!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 17/03/2010 : 08:30:25
Glad everything went ok for the first handle. Its so exciting isn't it. Yes i hated the dreaded 48 hours when i got casper. Its not so bad now because i've normly got atleast one snakey to handle although sometimes they do all get fed on the same day.
herriotfan Posted - 17/03/2010 : 04:42:06
No, I won't break the 48 hr feed rule. Sids is such a darling, he's tucked up, in my t-shirt, wrapped round my fingers, atm. I love him so much.....have waited so long for this....I'm really in heaven. Can't wait to feed him, but dreading that very long 48 hours afterwards!!! Must go and put him back in his viv before I become too obsessed!!!! (too late, me thinks) :) He's so laid back, and happy to be with me....glad it took so long to find Sids, he's just perfect for me....karma was correct, I had to wait for Sidney to be at the correct age and stage of development!!!!Karma always is correct, if we trust it...
Have got some photos if I can work out how to get them on here......now that might be beyond karma or anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Even Sidney might not be able to perform that miracle!
Kellog Posted - 17/03/2010 : 03:08:35
I know I should give you a long lecture about breaking the 'one week rule'....but I wont !

It sounds like the timing was right for both of you and you only handled him for a few minutes and you were only a few hours off of the week.....

I am so pleased he was so good to handle....and for you to finally handle him must have been amazing , you have waited so long for this moment and it worked out beautifully - no manic escaping, no pooing....just a 'gentlesnake' .

At least you do know the importance of not handling for 48hrs after feed - I am sure you wont DARE break that rule !!!

It is so good hearing you so happy.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000