The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Update on Xena

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elament Posted - 12/03/2010 : 09:31:15

I thought those of you that knows of my warrior princess would like to know that last night she shed for the second time in my care and the skin came off entirely in one piece eyecaps tail tip the lot. She seems to shed like clockwork goes pale one day clear again the next and the next night she sheds. The skin measured 18" so if i am right that makes her about 16.5 inches long 3 inches longer than she was 5 weeks ago.
She is now on one large pinky every 6 days. I previously had her on one small and one medium for a little while to get her ready for the large which she can now cope with.
She is now nearly always bright and alert and has no trouble lording it in her viv in plain sight of anyone. So I think its safe to say now she is well out of the woods.
Thats one animal brought back from the dead I just have to hope for the same result with my cat who has been knocking on heavens door for a week now after finding out last saturday he had a blocked urethra and was minutes away from death. We have had a right rollerocaster ride this week with him being near death one minute then improving and so on.
Ah the joys of pet owning (he says as he looks at a bill for £300) LOL

Cheers

Steve
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 19/03/2010 : 23:30:07
Thanks but to be fair I aint done much. I think all she needed was her own home where she wasnt going to be messed with too often. Seems to have done the trick.
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 20:47:17
You have done a great job Steve and she must really trust you to have got this far!! Well done.
herriotfan Posted - 19/03/2010 : 20:40:53
You don't have to be big to be beautiful!!!!!! She sounds, and looks, just the job :)
elament Posted - 19/03/2010 : 20:21:48
I doubt that dawn your steve is a fair bit bigger.
Dunno if you know her story but she was basically labelled a problem feeder by an unscrupulous shop and left in a tub in a corner of the shop to die. She was nine months old when a mate of mine was given her by the shop basically to get rid. He force fed her a couple of times and kick started her feeding before he handed her over to me. Those two force feeds were the first time she had eaten her whole life. As a result she is really underdeveloped but now she has the right enviroment and is basically left alone (apart from being handled a few times a week) she has come on leaps and bounds. She is a lot more confident now she has her own space and feels secure so I must be doing something right but i fear she may end up stunted by her start in life. Dont matter to me how big she gets her personality far exceeds her modest proportions lol
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 19:16:08
With you looking after her Steve i'm sure she will come on in leaps and bounds and will soon over take my Steve..lol
elament Posted - 19/03/2010 : 19:11:24
Thanks, you'd never believe she is a year old in a couple of weeks would you. Just shows what non eating can do when they are little. Ah well she will catch up when she is ready.
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 19:06:06
yes i saw them and commented on her spanner on her head bless her, she is looking lovely.
elament Posted - 19/03/2010 : 18:59:30
latest ones are on page one of this post dawn I am going to take more soon.
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 18:57:24
She has come along way, need more pics soon if you get chance would love to see her now.
elament Posted - 19/03/2010 : 17:21:30
Dunno bout that Xena is female and she can eat for her country
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 16:53:29
Yeah he does like his food too, must be a male thing..lol
elament Posted - 19/03/2010 : 15:59:20
Welcome Dawn let us know how you get on. Xenas last shed was 18" long so she is catching up to steve lol. I think herriotfans sid is the smallest of the three but by the sounds of how he is scoffing it wont be long before he is a chunk like our two lol
n/a Posted - 19/03/2010 : 10:06:25
Just read your other post so glad Colin has fed, that must be a great weight of your mind!!
Loving the name wotsit it makes me smile, can imagine you out on the street calling him..lol
Steve shed in 3 pieces this last time so it was hard to try and get a proper measurement, will try and measure the 3 pieces and see what it gives me, thanks for that Steve.
elament Posted - 18/03/2010 : 15:49:35
Funny that Dawn I got a fluff delivered last night to see how big one looks and i dont think it will be long before xena is on them. The pinky she had last week wasnt far off.
The good news is Wotsit continues to get better every day and is now almost back to his normal self. Already the words.."Wotsit doing now?" are already resounding in the household lol as he is back to his naughty self. Now all I gotta do is get colin to eat something and normality will prevail. Xena and colin are both due a feed tonight but judging by colins activity levels i will be putting another mouse in the bin tomorrow.

Editted to add: Dawn the best way to measure a snake is measure the shedded skin and deduct 10% for actual snake length.
n/a Posted - 18/03/2010 : 13:49:55
Hi Steve, sorry i have only just found this.

I'm so glad xena is coming on really well and looking great, i love the spanner marking on her head, it is so cute.
Sorry to hear wotsit hasn't been well but glad he is on the mend, you obviously have the healing touch.

Steve is going onto fluffs on Saturday, can't believe where the time has gone, he has just shed for the 3rd time now and weighed in at 24g last Sunday, I have tried to measure him and at the last time he measured about 19 inches, not sure what he is now although i compared his first shed with the last one and it was double the thickness!!
Totally agree about the club. lol

Dawn.
kdlang Posted - 16/03/2010 : 19:32:11
So true Steve, and so wonderfully put.
Kellog Posted - 16/03/2010 : 10:20:04
quote:
Originally posted by elament

.........The saying goes live every day like its your last because one day it will be and that is soo true. Cherish what we get from those we love and let everything else take care of itself because it is that love that truly makes the world go round not money not possesions. We may be broken financially now but the love we have in this house cannot be bought with any amount of dosh so I may be poor but I am rich in many other ways.

Steve, that is beautifully written and so true. Many people could learn from that, but unfortunately dont until it is too late. Bless you for writing it.

xxx
elament Posted - 16/03/2010 : 08:32:06
Thanks Judith Karen much appreciated. To be honest we both feel emotionally drained. Its been a week of up one minute down the next. There has been a few times he has looked at deaths door and we were convinced he would not make it. Trouble is he is such a big personality (never known a cat with so many ocd's) that when he isnt around it leaves a big hole in the family but he is making a steady recovery so hopefully that will continue. It certainly taught me a lesson that there are more important things in life than worrying about money. They say money makes the world go round but it would not be a world worth living in if it wasnt for the love we get from our partners children and pets and when you are as close to a cat as my wife is loosing him would have been equal to loosing one of the children.
The saying goes live every day like its your last because one day it will be and that is soo true. Cherish what we get from those we love and let everything else take care of itself because it is that love that truly makes the world go round not money not possesions. We may be broken financially now but the love we have in this house cannot be bought with any amount of dosh so I may be poor but I am rich in many other ways.

Cheers

Steve
Kellog Posted - 16/03/2010 : 03:33:45
quote:
Originally posted by elament

.......Wotsit went to the vets again today and they are so happy with his improvement they have signed him off till friday so fingers crossed. My wife is obviously over the moon to have him back having spent 7 days hovering at deaths door and is very appreciative of all the well wishes on here.......

That is great news and I am so relieved to hear it. I can just imagine how much your wife has missed and worried about him (and you as well!!)

I do hope and pray that when he is checked on Friday that the results continue to be positive.

xxx
kdlang Posted - 15/03/2010 : 19:49:17
So glad to hear Wotsit is making a strong comeback. It must be such a relief. Hope it continues xx

Great to see Xena coming on in leaps and bounds too. She is a really gorgeous snake.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000