The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 non eaters

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:00:23
We have a male and two female corns. The boy hasn't eaten for 4 weeks and seems to be very energetic in his viv. I believe he is horny! And now the girls have shown no interest in their food but seemed hungry as they have been climbing the walls all day. Is it the mating season? If so, I don't want them to mate so how do I take their minds off sex??? Help!!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:26:03
ah my bad, i thought they were all together :D

theres not really much you can do about it, theres no stopping a horny cornsnake! :D I'd personally try offering a smaller than usual mouse every 2 or 3 weeks on the off chance that they do take it, but if they're in good condition and healthy then they should be fine
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:12:49
No no, they have been seperated for years. But when I had them all out at the same time, sid the male tried making a pass at zippy a female and jizzed on my floor! But other than keeping them seperate is there anything else I can do to stop them all getting so damn randy??
eeji Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:07:18
yes its getting into the start of breeding season, so if they are all housed together then you can't do anything to take their mids off it - the only way is to seperate them.
the male certainly sounds like he's in the mood for some lovin (i'm guessing he's old enough?), and the females stopping eating could be a stress signal, or it could mean its too late and they're already gravid and don't have room inside them for food because they're carrying eggs.

If you don't want them to breed, seperate them - if they've already bred then you'll need to seperate them.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000