The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 heating 2 vivs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 08/03/2010 : 23:16:00
hi,
i have got a gray banded kingsnake in a viv with heat mat and thermostat. i will be collecting a new corn snake this week and have a spare faun with heat mat for it. i am running both viv and faun heat mats of the one stat, i can get the temp spot on in the viv 30oc but can only get 26 or 27oc in the faun, any ideas how to get the temp higher or will 26 to 27oc be ok for a corn snake? ive got the faun on polystyrene and put the mat inside the faun but still no joy.

thanks
mark
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:18:00
i have all my corns at around 27 deg C so I would say its fine - anything much over 30 is getting too much anyway for a constant temperature.
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:41:03
hi,

thanks for the replies. the thermometer probes are on the bottom of the viv and faun. one mat is 11x11 and the other is 11x7 and i have put the faun mat inside now and getting 26 to 28oc. collecting my snake in the morning so hope this is ok.

thanks
mark
mikerichards Posted - 09/03/2010 : 11:17:51
Are both the mats the same size? Put the probe on the mat and see what the temps are, if they are within range, you can put the mat inside the faun.
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/03/2010 : 11:10:50
I know I do have my digital themometer stuck to the floor but for some reason it does help
DannyBrown91 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 10:50:17
quote:
Originally posted by KITTYCAT

Hi i had the same problem with my fauns. If your faun is like mine plastic with a million n one air holes in it they can loose alot of the heat. I draped a towel over the middle of it covering some of the air holes and two sides it seems to have done the trick plus the snakies feel less exposed. also did this with my glass viv until i get some decorative backing.

If you are measuring the heat of the floor which is ideal then this shouldnt make a difference.
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/03/2010 : 08:57:32
Hi i had the same problem with my fauns. If your faun is like mine plastic with a million n one air holes in it they can loose alot of the heat. I draped a towel over the middle of it covering some of the air holes and two sides it seems to have done the trick plus the snakies feel less exposed. also did this with my glass viv until i get some decorative backing.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 00:37:46
Ideally warm end temps for a corn snake are around 28 - 29 degrees. Mine fluctuate between 26 and 29. Are you using a twin stat? I thought these would have had two probes. The reason the temps are lower in the faun is because the heatmat is outside and some heat is dispersed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000