The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 quick question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
morph2010 Posted - 06/03/2010 : 19:34:10
I'm currently feeding harley on small mice as advised from pet shop where i got him he's near on 3ft and weighs 8oz

He's looking a bit thin as he's starting to show a ridge on his spine and barely leaves a bump when eaten, also as soon as the mice is there he scoffs it down straight away before i've barley had chance to move away from him!

any idea's??
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
morph2010 Posted - 10/03/2010 : 18:24:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Do you keep a record of his weight? If not then it certainly would be a good idea to start to, just to reassure yourself that it is not a problem other than him being underfed.

I weigh mine before each feed. Use digital scales, weigh a shoe box with air holes punched into it, zero scales, add snake = weight of snake. Very easily done, not expensive scales if picked up on ebay or even from Argos, and great at putting your mind at rest that your snake is growing steadily.

xxx

Sounds good, i keep a record of shedding and feeds so i'll pop his weight in there to!!

cheers peeps

Kellog Posted - 10/03/2010 : 02:54:18
Do you keep a record of his weight? If not then it certainly would be a good idea to start to, just to reassure yourself that it is not a problem other than him being underfed.

I weigh mine before each feed. Use digital scales, weigh a shoe box with air holes punched into it, zero scales, add snake = weight of snake. Very easily done, not expensive scales if picked up on ebay or even from Argos, and great at putting your mind at rest that your snake is growing steadily.

xxx
morph2010 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 18:46:14
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Do you know how much weight he has lost? He shouldn't lose that much weight when feeding, just not grow so much. Losing weight while feeding points me towards parasites.

he has'nt lost any weight he just looks like he needs plumping up and i think he was on the wrong size mice as advised by the pet shop!!
mikerichards Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:48:19
Do you know how much weight he has lost? He shouldn't lose that much weight when feeding, just not grow so much. Losing weight while feeding points me towards parasites.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/03/2010 : 23:03:24
No probs
morph2010 Posted - 08/03/2010 : 23:02:14
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Give him one and then wait untill he has worked it down a bit then offer the next.

Thanks danny
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/03/2010 : 21:37:43
Give him one and then wait untill he has worked it down a bit then offer the next.
morph2010 Posted - 08/03/2010 : 21:23:31
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i'd feed 2 small mice per feed and feed him every 5 days for a few weeks before moving up to medium mice

forgot to ask!!

Do i feed him the 2 mice at the same time?

or wait a few hours or so?

cheers peeps
morph2010 Posted - 06/03/2010 : 21:38:41
ok thanks guys i'll feed 2 small mice for next 2 feeds then move up to medium
n/a Posted - 06/03/2010 : 20:49:52
Sorry I cant remember how long you've had him; so assuming its only a short while I'd do as GP suggested and feed 2 then move up. Although he could probably handle medium adults fine; I would always tend to build corns up by feeding 2 of any size mouse before moving up to the next size. Though either suggestions are better than keeping to just one small.
gingerpony Posted - 06/03/2010 : 19:49:46
i'd feed 2 small mice per feed and feed him every 5 days for a few weeks before moving up to medium mice
hiper2009 Posted - 06/03/2010 : 19:37:15
Defo move him up on to a medium then increase to a large after he has got used to eating mediums.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000