The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 What was the outcone.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elament Posted - 24/02/2010 : 15:20:49

Just a thought occured to me a while ago and I want to run it by you guys. As you all know I have Colin and Xena and was wondering wether or not when Xena is much older to introduce them to eachother to see what happens. I am thinking outside of the vivs and I wondered have any of you introduced two snakes together and if so what was the outcome?

cheers

steve
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 25/02/2010 : 09:49:35
LOL thanks Mike. TBH I was talking in a long long time. Colin is nearing three foot in length and Xena (although she is ten months old) is still like a hatchie at about 14 inches so I wouldnt have been even considering it for at least a year or two possibly even three.
mikerichards Posted - 25/02/2010 : 09:43:47
Putting a male and female together will be no real bother, you will prob find they will both twitch like mad, that's basically the mating ritual, and if she's too young then there is no point. If the two are very different sizes then there is also the very slim chance of the smaller one being eaten, although its very unlikely.
They won't interact with each other at all, it will purely be him trying to get his end away.
elament Posted - 25/02/2010 : 09:35:31
Thanks for the imput guys I really was just curious having never owned two snakes before I have never been in the position to see them interact and as such was just interested to see what would happen but to be fair thinking about it I am not prepared to put either one of them in jeapordy in case it all went pair shaped and besides with colin in puberty he is bad enough already lol
elament Posted - 25/02/2010 : 09:24:17
Not in my vivs there wont be Xena is far too young...and she isnt allowed out in THAT skirt either
jbarnes92 Posted - 25/02/2010 : 08:27:33
quote:
Originally posted by lessthanjase

I'd start with some candles and maybe some "mood" music. "colin, this is Xena, Xena meet colin" and a plate of spagetti and mouse balls like in the lady and the tramp.

aha
yes but not any old candles lessthanjase, they have to be scented, pinky scented candles ahh i can see it now, romance is in the viv
elament Posted - 25/02/2010 : 08:23:00
If Xena has been out first COlin goes into overdrive with his tongue, whereas Xena dont seem too fussed. Dont think I will bother now considering I have no desire to ever breed them it seems a bit pointless.
Kellog Posted - 25/02/2010 : 04:31:07
Did introduce Silvesta to Kellog...I had Kellog and OH had Silvesta. Just sat on sofa together. Silvesta was curious, but I think Kellog was not happy. He seemed ok at the time, although he kept moving away slowly....but afterwards he was very jumpy when I got him out of the viv and it took quite a while for him to settle down.

What are Colin and Xena like if you have had one out and then got the other out? I know you wash your hands before handling them....but the smell of the other snake must be on your clothes, your furniture, carpet. My 2 certainly are aware of the others smells....lots of tongue flicking and Kellog often follows whatever path Silvesta has taken. The interesting thing with Silvesta is that he is more concerned with where on my body Kellog has been and will snake up me a lot, which he doesnt do if I handle him first.

Dont think I will be introducing them again as there is really no need to....being 2 males it is not as though I am looking at breeding ! As far as I am concerned they would not meet in the wild so why subject them to meeting in captivity. They would come across the scent of other corns in the wild, so that part, at least is natural.

Just my experience and opinion of course !

xxx
elament Posted - 24/02/2010 : 16:03:49
just curious SB thas all. Never seen two snakes together so dont know how they would react etc.
n/a Posted - 24/02/2010 : 15:56:32
I'd start with some candles and maybe some "mood" music. "colin, this is Xena, Xena meet colin" and a plate of spagetti and mouse balls like in the lady and the tramp.
Roberts your fathers brother, can't fail......except for it being a huge waste of time and effort i'd just plonk them in a RUB and keep and eye on them :)

smithy and nessa have been getting to know each other at handling time, bit of touchy feely stuff but not commited the act as yet
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 15:38:15
Unless you are planning to breed then there really isn't any need, unless of course you are curious

I introduced Casper and Mushu to each other a couple of times before planning to mate them. I put them on either side of the bed, a person to each snake and just let them wander- Casper immediately started trying it on but Mu wasn't remotely interested!

Of course, things can turn nasty very quickly, so be prepared for any eventuality.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000