The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Mental snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MacSpud Posted - 23/02/2010 : 23:11:13
Hi,

Is it normal for a snake to have a "funny turn"?
I ask because I've just had Beaker out for his 15 minutes of handling and he was ok for that period of time and he was just chilling on the settee when all of a sudden he REALLY started to motor. I just managed to catch him but even then he was trying to get out of my hands. I immediately stuck him back in his viv and he just flew around the edges a couple of times, tried to climb out of the top etc. He was a lot more alert, holding his head up higher and tasting more often which I presume was more like hunting but he's not due a feed for a couple of days. He's not in blue, temps are ok and nothing that he hasn't experienced before.
He eventually calmed down after 5-10 minutes but still had his erect head sticking out of his cave tasting the air.

I've had him for 7 months and never seen him act like that before so is it within the realms of normal behaviour?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fernando Pierre Posted - 26/02/2010 : 19:43:07
diablo some times does that but not very often it is more his girlfriend/wife that does it! but has happened to me it is nothing to worry about or to be concerned!
zandefloss Posted - 26/02/2010 : 08:56:59
hey there - sometimes Spaghetti gets extremely fidgety and thrashy when she's had enough of being out and wants to go back home. I think it's just her way of telling me I've had enough snake time!

zan x
n/a Posted - 25/02/2010 : 07:14:10
good to hear
MacSpud Posted - 24/02/2010 : 22:22:14
Well I had him out tonight and he was his normal placid self. I guess I'll just mark it up to a random funny turn.
n/a Posted - 24/02/2010 : 11:08:52
yep, hey may have just really, really wanted some dinner or maybe was trying to tell you he wanted to go back in his viv? am just throwing out some personal suggestions here hehe

will eagerly await your report
MacSpud Posted - 24/02/2010 : 10:49:01
I'll see what he's like tonight when I get home and do a comparison.
MacSpud Posted - 24/02/2010 : 10:48:00
Thanks for the reply.
It's my vague guess that he suddenly decided to go hunting but everything seemed the same to me with my limited range of senses.
Maybe I've got a mouse problem now!
n/a Posted - 24/02/2010 : 10:46:23
i just had a similar response from my corn, she was all relaxed, sitting in my hoodie, when all of a sudden she darted all over the place! she also took about 5-10 mins to calm down aswell.

personally, i dont think its anything to worry about, just a random bit of sillyness haha. all i can suggest is to keep an eye on him to see if he does it again, i shall be keeping an eye on tof to she if she also does it again, will keep you posted if you want. we can compare then
Kellog Posted - 24/02/2010 : 03:01:12
John, I am afraid that I really dont have enough experience to be able to help with this.

All I can think of is that there was some smell in the room that set him off?? Quite why he would be ok for the first 15 minutes and then react I dont know, unless the smell came in from outside suddenly...maybe something that kicked off his feeding instincts.

I am sorry I am no help....but I am sure someone will be along soon who will be able to give you a better answer.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000