The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Which size heat mat?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/02/2010 : 21:26:07
Hi guys need some help on deciding which size heat mat I would need if my Viv is 5feet in size for my Corn Snakes?

Also Heat mat for a 2 feet 6 inch Viv?

The reason I am asking for both sizes is My stack that is being built
is a 4 stack and is 5 feet long.

So I am undecided yet on whether to put a divider in to half its size for each stack or keep it at its original size?

Another question: can you put microclimate heat mats in the actual viv?

Thanks Rich.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 24/02/2010 : 19:19:53
Thanks for getting back to me. That makes my mind up on whether to go with heat mat or ceramic.

Thanks Dan for having a look mate.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 12:23:41
I have two habistat heat mats and they are ok for inside the vivs. I also have a different heatmat im not sure what make it is but i've still got the leaflet upstairs in my draw so i will have a look later.
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 09:14:35
I have 4 exo terra mats and, 1 micro climate and 1 ultratherm all in wooden vivs.
eeji Posted - 23/02/2010 : 23:38:34
i've never had heat mats in wooden vivs so i don't know what makes do what, but i'd imagine most would be suitable
n/a Posted - 23/02/2010 : 23:07:44
quote:

A 5 foot viv would be a nice home for a large 5 foot + corn snake but since you only have farily small corns i would have thought it was way too big so it may be best to divide them. Heat mats would have to go in the vivs if you were using a stack but still deffinitely better to use a heat mat than a bulb.

I would divide the vivs and extend as they grow, you could divide 2 vivs and put the corns in them and use the other 2 for other things but if you were to get a royal to go in one of them then you may need to make or buy another viv in a couple of years when your corns have outgrown theirs.
quote:

Thanks Danny some good advice there
Do you know what heat Mats are safe to put in the vivs?
n/a Posted - 23/02/2010 : 23:04:49
quote:

Hi Rich,
divide the stack as 2.5 is plenty big enough then you have twice the vivs to fill lol
quote:

Hi mate I thought you might say that
Now you have me thinking Not a good idea me thinking lol

Slightly off topic how is Caramel Motley doing?

Also read the thread and tell me what you think?

Thanks Rich
DannyBrown91 Posted - 23/02/2010 : 23:02:14
A 5 foot viv would be a nice home for a large 5 foot + corn snake but since you only have farily small corns i would have thought it was way too big so it may be best to divide them. Heat mats would have to go in the vivs if you were using a stack but still deffinitely better to use a heat mat than a bulb.

I would divide the vivs and extend as they grow, you could divide 2 vivs and put the corns in them and use the other 2 for other things but if you were to get a royal to go in one of them then you may need to make or buy another viv in a couple of years when your corns have outgrown theirs.
PURPLEGOTH666 Posted - 23/02/2010 : 22:51:27
Hi Rich,
divide the stack as 2.5 is plenty big enough then you have twice the vivs to fill lol
n/a Posted - 23/02/2010 : 22:43:01
quote:

you'd have to look on the guidance bit on the mat tbh.. i cant remember off the top of my head which mats iv got in my royals vivs,
heatmats are better for corns tbh
quote:

Thanks Hannah for your input. Im looking at Royals myself at the moment and weighing them up so see if I can have one in one of my stacks?

If anyone else knows about having a heat matt in Viv please let me know.

Thanks Rich
HannahB Posted - 23/02/2010 : 22:33:16
you'd have to look on the guidance bit on the mat tbh.. i cant remember off the top of my head which mats iv got in my royals vivs,
heatmats are better for corns tbh
n/a Posted - 23/02/2010 : 22:07:44
quote:

Wow your stack is huge- aren't all your snakes small?

Need to know how deep the stack will be, though 28x11 inches might work.
quote:

Yeah my Snakes are small and wont be going in for a while yet.
Thats why I asked about 2.5 as I might divide it up to this size till they get bigger.
quote:

for 5' you'd need 17"x11" minimum, but ideally 23"x11", and for a 2.5' probably 11"x11" would be ok
quote:

Thanks eeji I will have a look. Do you think it would be better heating with a heat mat or ceramic for my stack?

Also the question I also asked was can Micro climate heat matt be placed in the actual viv?

Thanks Rich.
eeji Posted - 23/02/2010 : 21:44:11
for 5' you'd need 17"x11" minimum, but ideally 23"x11", and for a 2.5' probably 11"x11" would be ok
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/02/2010 : 21:37:08
Wow your stack is huge- aren't all your snakes small?

Need to know how deep the stack will be, though 28x11 inches might work.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000