The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Moving Up Food Sizes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/02/2010 : 21:10:11
My bloodred weighed 16g at the end of Nov 09', now shes 28g and currently eating 2x3g pickies every 5/6 days, but the second day after feeding she is out of her hide presumably looking for food. My Lavender is 30g and eating 2x3g pickes also and she is doing the same. My ghost is 18g just moved to 2x2g every 5/6 days. So i'm guessing my 2 30g(ish) snakes need to move up a food size as you can no longer see the bump after they have fed. I'm going to buy some frozen food items online as they look considerably cheaper than at the local shop, online shop recommendations are appreciated. Any idea how many fuzzies i should get before i need to move to the next size again as i might get some of those also. They seem to be growing quite quickly, i dont really know if they will continue to grow at this rate.
Thanks in advance.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 24/02/2010 : 03:44:59
I dont know whether you can predict how long a snake is going to be on a certain food size. It certainly sounds as though they need to move up to fuzzies, but how long they will be on them I have no idea.

I did think about buying online as well as it is cheaper, and I could for Kellog as he is on jumbo mice and will stay on them now. But Silvesta is on mediums and I dont know how long it will be before I move him up to large. I guess different snakes grow at different rates and therefore there is no way to predict how long they will be on one food size.

But I know that there are more experienced members who do buy in bulk the smaller food sizes and will probably be able to give you an estimate on how much you need to get...so all I can say is wait for them. Sorry I cant help out more.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000