The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 corn losing its skin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
curragh Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:26:15
how long doz it take a corn snake to lose its skin?
i should no this but my corn is mad some times it will lose it one day and nt do it for weeks @ weeks after just need to no he is doing it now and he is very pink ino that before it happens he goes back to his normal morph for 2 days then he sheads wat does this mean

**moved to relevant section**
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 10/02/2010 : 21:44:56
quote:
Originally posted by curragh

yaeh mine has red eyes leigon is his name he is a carmel corn snake i think thats how it is spelt he is great am glad that there is nothing to be woried about :)

Hmmm i have a caramel cornsnake too but he has black eyes not red are you sure yours is a caramel ?
HannahB Posted - 10/02/2010 : 20:09:17
its not a problem
glad to be of some help!
curragh Posted - 10/02/2010 : 20:01:46
i just seen that my spelling is bad as i sm getting put of by my dad he is on the fone in my room hench the problem sorry :)
curragh Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:57:59
yaeh mine has red eyes leigon is his name he is a carmel corn snake i think thats how it is spelt he is great am glad that there is nothing to be woried about :)
HannahB Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:40:53
over the winter period they do tend to slow their mechanisms down - my corn edison shed the other day and normally he sheds the day after going blue but this time round he took 4days..its normal
is he a red eyed snake? if he has red eyes then they tend to take on a pinkish/grey tinge rather than a blueish one that darker eyed snakes do
curragh Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:36:59
yaeh but mine geos pink on the eyes and all over now before it took 12 days but his last to sheads took 2days each wb :)
HannahB Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:30:54
it varies between snakes..
generally once the eyes go blue its is 2-3 days before they clear up again, after that it can be anywhere between 3days up to 12 days before they actually shed..maybe slightly longer
i think that was what you were asking?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000