The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 What do I stick it with ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paul Hume Posted - 10/02/2010 : 18:11:06
Hi all,

another question sorry, what do I use to stick the thermometer to the heat mat so that the mat doesnt go over 30? I have heard the horror stories of using tape which was my first thought so not sure what to do now ?

thanks again for your help
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 10:50:41
I have mine rubber banded together under a bit of substarte and weighed down with a hide.
Flatpack63 Posted - 10/02/2010 : 23:51:15
I drilled a hole, just big enough to take the probe, about 1cm above the bottom of my viv at both ends and wedged the temp sensors through these. Have checked them with another thermometer and they read correctly.
elament Posted - 10/02/2010 : 20:45:26
Wouldnt use blue tac for many reasons. If in doubt do as SB has said and weigh em down with a good heavy hide. Does the trick and no messing with glue.
SexyBear77 Posted - 10/02/2010 : 20:15:32
I have my cables weighed down by my hides, does the trick just fine.
Paul Hume Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:40:11
what about blue tac?
elament Posted - 10/02/2010 : 18:41:34
no no no no do not EVER use tape. You can use a blob of silicone. Eurorep recommend using glue to glue the probes to mats as a blob of silicone can act as a "thermal barrier" and may cause your readings to be out by a degree or so.

Editted to add: If you do use glue or silicone obviously do not do it while the snake is in the viv. I got mine fixed to a heavy hide so it is always in direct contact with the mat but can be moved if I ever need to replace the mat say. Its also a good idea to rubber band the probe for the thermometer to the probe of the stat so you can get an accurate reading at "stat level"

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000