The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Cold end thermometers...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gaz_1989 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 10:42:07
When you have got multiple vivs stacked up, do you bother with cold end thermometers in every viv?

Just wondering, because this morning i put a digi thermometer in the cold end of Viv and Faun, and 1 just on the side of the table, about 6 inches from the viv.

And they all read the same 19.8c.

So the cold end in a stack of vivs is always gonna be the same, so could u just monitor the room temp near the stack?

Thanks

Gaz
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sexychef Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:52:00
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

Lol, i hope so too. Thanks.

Its not too bad at the moment, but obviously its gonna get more as my collection grows.

Do you monitor the cold end as well as hot?

Gaz

i monitor hot, cold and heat transfer occassionally
Gaz_1989 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:39:07
Do you not monitor cold end then? As you have 2 stats and 2 therms?

Thanks

Gaz
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:37:35
I just have 2 stats with 2 thermometers and even that looks a mess lol.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:36:13
Lol, i hope so too. Thanks.

Its not too bad at the moment, but obviously its gonna get more as my collection grows.

Do you monitor the cold end as well as hot?

Gaz
sexychef Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:34:09
i hope your stat stays true. like i said above its always easier to find the bad reviews.
i understand bout the wires i have 7 stats running with 7 thermometers lol
Gaz_1989 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:25:33
Thanks for replies again.

I think they are brilliant, hadnt read reviews on them though.

It was really easy to set up, can adjust it at the touch of a button and if the temp drops for whatever reason the alarm goes off (you set it to go off at a particular temp, so +/- 5c etc).

I was just trying to cut down on the amount of wires and displays etc. Ive got the digital therm and 2 thermometrs on top of each viv so looks a little untidy. Obviously dont want to get rid of thermometers and put snakes at any risk.

Thanks

Gaz
sexychef Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:22:04
i was looking at that stat but like everything bad news is easier to find than good. i found pages and pages of people saying they worked perfectly for a few months then started to fail to cut off when temp has got up. i hope yours will be fine but i would and always will use a digi thermometer as well as a stat
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:17:51
I was looking at them thermostats the other day. Are they any good?

I've got mat stats set up and working with my tanks and i darent touch them because there such a pain in the a** to set up
Gaz_1989 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 12:26:50
Okay thanks.

Another thermometer question...

I use 'Lucky Reptile Pro II' Thermostats, They are digital and ive proved them accurate to within 0.5c with a digital thermometer.

They have got a digital display with the current temp, as well as access to see what the stat is set at.

Would you still reccomend using a digital thermometer along side this? Is it possible that it could malfunction and over heat? While still reading cold on the display?

Thanks

Gaz
sexychef Posted - 03/02/2010 : 12:17:09
i have a double probe in all my vivs most the time the all read the same in the cold end
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 10:50:16
You probably could, but there are other factors which could change your cold end temps, such as if you had left a window open near the stack only the top 1 or 2 may be effected.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000