The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Live Plants

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 02/02/2010 : 18:56:33
Hi guys I think Pythonic is getting bored of her bedroom now, so what live plants if any could I place in a viv, and what other thing other than branches can add to making her enjoy her room and become more activity, she is so acitive, only when i seem to be around though.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/02/2010 : 23:56:54
I like the grass growing one, thats cool.

Just a thought, if you don't already; use a nice thick layer of substrate (I find aspen best) in the viv. My corns love to hide and burrow through that!

It also keeps 'em busy as when you clean them out they'll have to build their tunnels all over again! Lost count the number of times I looked in the viv and thought the snake's escaped, where in fact she's under a load of aspen!

Or try the grass, I've not come across that before.
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 19:20:08
quote:
Originally posted by Roguescott

What about real rocks??? should I clean in the same way as real wood, bleach water and 100c heat in oven?

Thats what I did they look great and are good for shedding.
n/a Posted - 11/02/2010 : 19:15:48
What about real rocks??? should I clean in the same way as real wood, bleach water and 100c heat in oven?
Kellog Posted - 02/02/2010 : 19:55:44
HannahB's suggestion is a good one.

All you need to do is change things around occasionally. Move her hides around, use different ones...put in kitchen roll tubes or cardboard boxes...different logs/branches (as long as you make sure they are clean and free of parasites)....nice depth of substrate so she can burrow...fake plants are great and you can buy vines to go in viv as well.

If you do think about giving her some fun with real plants checkout this topic and mainly Kehhlyr's suggestion in it - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8113

She may seem bored to you, but remember that you are putting human emotions on to a snake and she probably isnt bothered too much.

xxx
HannahB Posted - 02/02/2010 : 19:29:04
fake plants! so much easier to look after and cheaper in the long run
if you think shes bored mix it all up a bit.. i do it for my king - every 6weeks he gets a new layout in his viv
DannyBrown91 Posted - 02/02/2010 : 19:01:29
I would contemplate getting some other fake plants rather than real ones,maybe try changing things around.

Live plants canhave some problems such as introducing mitesand things. I'd wait for some of the other members to come along and see what they say.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000