The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First feed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jbarnes92 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 19:43:30
Fed asuka for the first time last night.. And.. WOW! She took no notice the first ten minutes so I payed her on one of my pillow cases, ready to be washed (it smells of me ) and she started to get interested, problem is she took it tail-end first.. I thought it was head first? Anyway she gobbled it up quickly!
I've heard about people making their snakes strike at pinkies, but how to you get them to do it, I don't really want to feed her live food but I want her to use her 'snake instinct'
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbarnes92 Posted - 02/02/2010 : 23:10:58
quote:
Originally posted by elament

Colin has started to do something funny, he strikes at the prey and gets it out of the tongs then he drops it and cuddles it for a little while before eating. Dunno why he does that he has only just started doing it (last two feeds) but if thats what rocks his world so long as he is still eating i aint bothered

you dont know how much i laughed at that..

its like he killed it and feels sorry for it so he says sorry and hugs it better
SexyBear77 Posted - 02/02/2010 : 18:57:16
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

So glad Asuka fed so well for you first time, even if she did take her time about it. No problem with tail first, all that matters is that she ate!

All mine have taken their's head first until today...Silvesta struck and grabbed throat, then worked his way down to bum and took it rear end first! Paniced OH...he was worried about mouse's claws scratching on way down and, of course, bum end is bigger end to start from....but I knew it was no problem so just found it funny! Pics soon hopefully.

xxx

With the pinkies its ok but i would also be a bit worried with bigger mice.

With their claws cathing on the way down,and the fact that itmust have been much more awkward getting the tail and the legs in.

Bigger mice- bigger snake. It's still not a problem.
elament Posted - 02/02/2010 : 15:55:09
Colin has started to do something funny, he strikes at the prey and gets it out of the tongs then he drops it and cuddles it for a little while before eating. Dunno why he does that he has only just started doing it (last two feeds) but if thats what rocks his world so long as he is still eating i aint bothered
n/a Posted - 02/02/2010 : 15:35:23
I think that's funny. Snickers sometimes shows more interest in the tongs than she does in the mouse and if I move the tongs away bringing the mouse closer she backs away until I lay the mouse down.
[My casper strike feeds everytime, has done since i got her and also eats bum first however reggie, who i got just over a week ago sniffed at the mouse while it was in the tongs and then slithered away. i put the mouse down and he went over and just gobbled it up.]
DannyBrown91 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 23:56:55
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

So glad Asuka fed so well for you first time, even if she did take her time about it. No problem with tail first, all that matters is that she ate!

All mine have taken their's head first until today...Silvesta struck and grabbed throat, then worked his way down to bum and took it rear end first! Paniced OH...he was worried about mouse's claws scratching on way down and, of course, bum end is bigger end to start from....but I knew it was no problem so just found it funny! Pics soon hopefully.

xxx

With the pinkies its ok but i would also be a bit worried with bigger mice.

With their claws cathing on the way down,and the fact that itmust have been much more awkward getting the tail and the legs in.
Kellog Posted - 01/02/2010 : 22:53:30

xxx
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:57:14
Haha!
Congratulations for your First Feed!

I was VERY stressed for my first feed- I had managed to convince myself that she would be a Non Feeder... but all went smoothly! And she sometimes decided to be a Bum Muncher (as Hubby beautifully puts it!!)

xXx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:16:17
quote:
Originally posted by jbarnes92

Fed asuka for the first time last night.. And.. WOW! She took no notice the first ten minutes so I payed her on one of my pillow cases, ready to be washed (it smells of me ) and she started to get interested, problem is she took it tail-end first.. I thought it was head first? Anyway she gobbled it up quickly!
I've heard about people making their snakes strike at pinkies, but how to you get them to do it, I don't really want to feed her live food but I want her to use her 'snake instinct'

My casper strike feeds everytime, has done since i got her and also eats bum first however reggie, who i got just over a week ago sniffed at the mouse while it was in the tongs and then slithered away. i put the mouse down and he went over and just gobbled it up.
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 20:03:59
As above, also dont worry if they eat bum first, it wont matter at all.
HannahB Posted - 01/02/2010 : 19:51:04
glad she fed for you
some snakes dont strike ever but some pick it up really quickly..
get some tongs and gentle wiggle the pinkie when offering it.. i move mine away from them slightly when they move towards it so they have to lunge for it..

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000