The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tidus Posted - 01/02/2010 : 02:25:38
I jsut fed my snake and has been 2 days so i went to check up on him and his eyes are cloudy. i was gonna clean his tank out. so how much longer till he sheds. cuz i gotta get the humidity up
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:20:32
as above really, just a spot clean while his vision is impaired and don't do anything about humidity.........

his eyes will clear after a few days then he should shed within a week
HannahB Posted - 01/02/2010 : 06:00:31
you dont necessarily need to raise the humidity..most corns can shed just fine without it - mine all shed ok and iv not had to alter the humidity once,
Kellog Posted - 01/02/2010 : 04:22:28
Dont worry about cleaning out his tank at the moment, just remove any poo that he does but nothing more than that. If his eyes are cloudy then he will be partially blind and the disturbance will scare him.

Dont worry too much about upping the humidity...just put an extra water bowl in the warm side of his tank and mist it lightly once a day. That should be all you need to do. His eyes will go cloudy and his scales will dull...then it will all go back to normal as though he has shed, but he hasnt....he should then shed anywhere from 3 days to a week later.

When he has shed you need to check the shed skin to make sure that the eye caps and tail tip are there, and that it is a 'clean' shed...he has none retained on his new skin. If that happens use the search for advice and if you cant find the answers you want then ask.

He probably wont want to be handled during this time because of his vision not being clear, so is best left alone to avoid stress.

xxx
sexychef Posted - 01/02/2010 : 03:29:22
can be anywhere from 3-14days

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000