The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 OLD (1937-1938) thermostat.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kehhlyr Posted - 01/02/2010 : 01:09:24
Up until a few months back I was using this stat inside my beardie tank for the heat-lamp.

It has ranges of about 3-60c, but is INCREDIBLY hard to set up, but once it is set up it'll keep the temps within about +/-1c
It has a small adjuster screw on the top near the rubber bung that you just adjust the tolerance of the flexible metal strip which is on a heat sensitive metal plunger of some kind.
I only stopped using it because I broke the glass tube it's housed in so it was no longer safe for the beardies.
I've taped the bottom end back on, until I can replace the tube as I'm gonna be using it with a heat lamp in an incubator.
The average time it has taken me to set this up in the past is about 2-3 weeks.
Before I used it in the viv, it was used in the fish tank with the old heater it matches, which is also pre-war, I have to say, it's one of the best I've used for accurate temps anyway, for setting up, it's a complete pig.

I'm unsure of it's brand, but it does have 'little wizard' stamped on the side of one of the metal plates.

Anyway, have pics:

Just thought I'd post out of interest, I shall get some better piccys tomorrow to show proper stat quality.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 13:32:15
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

i got a box full of new test tubes,let me know the size.

Cheers for that Lee, when I remember where i've put my tape measures, I shall do it.
What units do you want the measurements in?

better be mm
Kehhlyr Posted - 02/02/2010 : 23:17:36
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Cheers for that Lee, when I remember where i've put my tape measures, I shall do it.
What units do you want the measurements in?
Janos Posted - 02/02/2010 : 18:03:33
ooohh...I wonder if you could sell that to an electronics museum and make a mint? >.>
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 16:14:01
AH!
They dont make em like they used to in the Good Ol' Days eh?!

xXx
lee2308 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 12:54:36
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 10:23:14

Fantstic! If you post the measurements or e-mail them to me, I'll keep an eye out for you for replacement for the broken glass. I remember we spoke about it at the time but forget what the dimensions are other than no med supply firm we checked at the time had anything to match it. However, I'm in the Big City so might come across something suitable somewhere around here. Lemme know.

(I'm only offering because I'd love to think how you're going to slave over it for 2-3 weeks afterwards, trying to set it up. )
Kellog Posted - 01/02/2010 : 04:23:49
Are you showing your age Kehhlyr ??!!

xxx
sexychef Posted - 01/02/2010 : 01:12:24
doesnt look like a habistat hehe

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000