The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How long...? And should I...?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lilpunk Posted - 30/01/2010 : 16:00:27
How long do corns usually stay in the blue before their eyes clear, I was under the impression of about four days? And should I attempt to feed her, even if she might reject it? She is due a feed tomorrow and has been fed in shed before, it never stopped her.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilpunk Posted - 31/01/2010 : 08:23:51
I agree with Kellog and GP also, but in the wild, after shedding corns would have the option of THEN searching for food, so technically they wouldn't really miss a feed.
I like the tight jeans image, but I also wouldn't want to have to shed after eating a huge christmas dinner
Kellog Posted - 31/01/2010 : 04:49:59
I tend to agree with GP on this one (unsurprisingly ) as in the wild they would not go out and hunt when they were getting ready to shed. Also missing what would normally just be one feed will not do them any harm, whereas offering them food that they cant see properly may cause them stress (just my own thinking).

But it is definitely down to the individual snake as I know many of the forum members' snakes do feed while they are in 'shed preparation mode'

....I just cant help imagining what it must be like eating a 5 course meal in my tightest jeans....

xxx
kdlang Posted - 30/01/2010 : 21:28:57
I was going to ask the same question. Alice has been in blue since Monday and has been in hiding since. I lifted his cave to check on him on wed and yesterday I spotted him sticking his head out to take a drink n then he has been hiding again. He should have been fed yesterday but I figured he obviously isnt bothered as he would have been out n about searching for it.
HannahB Posted - 30/01/2010 : 17:44:53
i offer food, mont wont feed but the others usually do although i make sure its a smaller meal than what they normally would have
gingerpony Posted - 30/01/2010 : 17:10:23
their eyes usually clear in a few days then they usually shed within a week

as for feeding it's down to the owner if you want to offer or not but ultimately down to the snake if they want to eat! and a lot of corns are like dustbins so will anyway but i feel its more natural to skip a feed until they've shed. when they're in blue their vision isn't great so they'd just hole-up somewhere safe in the wild and wait till it's over with
Lilpunk Posted - 30/01/2010 : 16:41:05
Hmm, same here, but just checking as I don't want her to have to shed on a full stomach.
nails Posted - 30/01/2010 : 16:38:11
I noticed Wizard's eyes had gone blue, just as i was about to feed him, he still took 2 pinkies, by the time 48hrs had gone by so i could get him out he had shed as well!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000