The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Am now a snake owner!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 29/01/2010 : 22:35:49
Grrrrr

After having posted that my eldest was a proper keeper for having been bitten I've now joined the club!!

Offered Ba'al a rat pup in his grub tub tonight and he wasn't interested. I hooked it out to brain it and when I went to put it back in the little b*gger struck and bit me!!!!

He dug right in to my thumb knuckle and then constricted (good god he's got a lot of power). Called the OH to come and help me. He wandered downstairs, laughed himself stupid at the sight of my thumb with snake attachment and then went and got the camera!!! He was busy taking pics as I'm bleeding and the tip of my thumb was turning blue!!!

Anyway Ba'al finally realised I was too big to eat and let me go. He's still not touched the rat and I'm left with a swollen thumb that looks like I shut it in a car door :(

Still, at least I'm a real snake keeper now, LOL.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 31/01/2010 : 05:14:30
quote:
Originally posted by bbsmog

Ok....found the camera lead so here are the pics.
In the cold light of day it doesn't look as dramatic as it felt!!! You can't see my blue thumb tip (and yes Judith the air was very, very blue indeed!) and there's not as much blood as it seemed at the time.

Have just realised I am such a drama queen .

You are not a drama queen!! You were just in shock and seriously ****** off that it had happened to you just after you had laughed at your daughter for having it done!

It does look scary, and although the injury looks small I know that sometimes it is the small ones that can really hurt - just think of paper cuts !

Bengy - owww !! Pity you didnt get a pic of it happening rather than just the after-effects, although that pic is bad enough!

xxx
n/a Posted - 30/01/2010 : 13:40:00
I got tagged by Chester too- also a Royal! HAHA. Think its more the shock than the pain, though the thumb doesn't have much flesh (neither did the inside of my arm- below link).......

I think they'll bite where it'll hurt most!

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt8/bengy_s/Royalpythonbite.jpg
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 30/01/2010 : 13:22:22
I was struck at once by our old king snake but never been tagged yet
n/a Posted - 30/01/2010 : 13:17:40
HAHA!
Great pics!
Congratulations!
I cant say "Welcome to the club" because Im not in it/...yet...

:)
xXx
gingerpony Posted - 30/01/2010 : 13:09:07
quote:
Originally posted by bbsmog

Still, at least I'm a real snake keeper now, LOL.

does that mean i'm not i've never been tagged.......been struck at enough times but never been latched onto......am i really missing out???
n/a Posted - 30/01/2010 : 12:50:31
Ok....found the camera lead so here are the pics.
In the cold light of day it doesn't look as dramatic as it felt!!! You can't see my blue thumb tip (and yes Judith the air was very, very blue indeed!) and there's not as much blood as it seemed at the time.

Have just realised I am such a drama queen .

Holding on tight.....

Tighter.....

My poor thumb....
Fal Posted - 30/01/2010 : 07:52:21
Not sure if I should say 'sorry to hear that,' or 'congratulations!' hehe..

I imagine it will be a cool anacdote after the pain goes away. Hope your thumb is better soon!!
Sammysnake Posted - 30/01/2010 : 07:44:41
hhm hhm - pics.... purely for educational purposes of course! Hope your thumb's feeling better soon.
Kellog Posted - 30/01/2010 : 04:20:49
But did you control yourself like Jess did....or did the air turn blue (as well as your thumb )??? I bet she laughed when she heard....or did she get to witness it? If so, then even better!

I would say congratulations for becoming a true snake owner but am sure it hurt . have heard that if you drip water on their head's they will let go...if they keep hanging on, that is!

Must admit that I cant wait to see the pics though !!

xxx
Rik Posted - 30/01/2010 : 00:34:15
Karma came around and bit you in the erm.... thumb I guess. What goes around comes around and all that.
n/a Posted - 29/01/2010 : 23:32:13
pmsl... I would have so done the same thing as your hubby.

and where are these pics then???
kdlang Posted - 29/01/2010 : 22:44:12
That has made me laugh so much. More so at hubby getting the camera than you being constricted. I think I would probably have done the same thing had that happened to my son lol
HannahB Posted - 29/01/2010 : 22:42:48
royals can be surprising at how fast they move - Little One surprised me one morning with a very sharp nip - luckily he didnt keep hold of me though

hope the bruising goes down soon! bet you wont laugh next time someone else gets tagged will ya!

hurry up and post the pics
dinner83 Posted - 29/01/2010 : 22:39:06
hi, i bet that give you a shock when he struck.
n/a Posted - 29/01/2010 : 22:38:25
Just to say - Sorry, I know Ba'al isn't a Corn but I thought I'd let people to know that what goes around comes around. It serves me right for laughing at Jess (the eldest) when Snuggles mistook her hand for a runaway pinkie!!!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000