The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 WOOHOO!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jbarnes92 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 21:07:44
hey all, quick update.. WOOP WOOP i finally have my cornie! i havent had her long (not sure on sex, but im assuming its a female cause i wanted a female ) so i will upload pics as soon as she's settled in and stopped hiding in the aspen!
cant think of any good names.. was thinking of Asuka (Japanese - Scent, Perfume) or Ryuu (Japanese - Dragon) but i dont really know.
any suggestions?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/01/2010 : 12:47:07
well if thats not a sign i don't know what is lol :)
jbarnes92 Posted - 30/01/2010 : 12:18:27
Cheers kellog, when you put it in that light i think i may be able to resist little bugger poo'ed on me aswell when i got her out lol, think she must have been telling me something!
x
Kellog Posted - 30/01/2010 : 04:07:50
quote:
Originally posted by jbarnes92

Hey.. You know what, think I'm gonna stick with asuka - beautiful name for a beautiful snake

Asuka is a beautiful name, I am so glad you are keeping it....you went with what suited her originally, it was the name she was meant to have!

Then maybe you can help me?

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14/

got to admit I've been real naughty and had her out (sorry!) but she has been fine, not really nervous when I'm around her faun anymore etc. She will sometimes come to the side to say hi.. Shall I leave her for a few more days or get her out a few minutes a day?

She may have been fine with you, but you really do need to give her that time to settle in properly....just to be sure. I know it is so tempting, but try and be strong - for Asuka's sake.

xxx
nova1990 Posted - 30/01/2010 : 02:45:33
i like japenese names which is why i named my snake ayame (was zeniba)
asuka is a nice name id keep that.
i wish i had thought of that name myself. its really nice lol
jbarnes92 Posted - 30/01/2010 : 01:18:05
Hey.. You know what, think I'm gonna stick with asuka - beautiful name for a beautiful snake
Not sure what morph she is yet, she's like dark brown with red saddles (top and belly) with orange spots.. I will upload pics soon, got to get this b***dy camera to work.. Grr!
Then maybe you can help me?

got to admit I've been real naughty and had her out (sorry!) but she has been fine, not really nervous when I'm around her faun anymore etc. She will sometimes come to the side to say hi.. Shall I leave her for a few more days or get her out a few minutes a day?
sexychef Posted - 29/01/2010 : 14:18:35
mine are all but one named after snacks peanuts, revels, caramac, pringles, bourbon the only one that doesnt fit in is hogtanian the missus named that one
Kehhlyr Posted - 29/01/2010 : 14:00:08
Call it 'Guess'. Because when you get asked if it's got a name and you respond with 'guess' it'll keep them going for ages.
n/a Posted - 29/01/2010 : 13:24:32
I had a difficult time trying to name Snickers too. I almost named her slithers, but realized that if people heard that they would start snickering so I named her Snickers. The sad thing is that I've got a dog named nacho and Snickers is actually a name for a candy bar too although I didn't think of that at the time. So now I've got two pets named after foods.
quote:
Originally posted by jbarnes92

hey all, quick update.. WOOP WOOP i finally have my cornie! i havent had her long (not sure on sex, but im assuming its a female cause i wanted a female ) so i will upload pics as soon as she's settled in and stopped hiding in the aspen!
cant think of any good names.. was thinking of Asuka (Japanese - Scent, Perfume) or Ryuu (Japanese - Dragon) but i dont really know.
any suggestions?

elament Posted - 29/01/2010 : 08:36:16
My autistic son named Colin LOL but we chose xena for our other one as she has had a bad start in life and nearly died but she has shown she is a proper little fighter hense the name (after the warrior princess on the telly)
Kellog Posted - 29/01/2010 : 04:04:32
The snake name link is great...if a bit daunting! But dont worry, a name will come to you now you have her, that will suit her perfectly. Asuka is a lovely name.

Kellog was not our choice of name, he was already named that when we got him and it stuck.

My son named Sylvester....but I had control over how to spell it!! It is actually Silver Star without the R's!!

Some other suggestions for names may be -

Sotho names -
Snake = Nogana
Beautiful = Sebotse
Strike = Sapha
Scent = Dupa
Perfume = Monko
Senoko
Dragon = Ntata
Colour = Mmala

Zulu names -
Snake = Inyoka
Strike = Shaya
Colour = Umbala

Am not surprised you are so excited about getting her, and I am so glad you are keeping to the one week rule to allow her to settle in - well done!

xxx

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 23:25:18
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

My snakes are named after characters from TV or film- Casper (from Casper), Mushu (the dragon from Mulan) and Crockett (from Miami Vice) for the corns, Diego (Ice Age) for the python.

Rik Posted - 28/01/2010 : 23:10:54
Congratulations on the new snakie. Dont panic about a name it will come to you in the next few days.
hiper2009 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 23:04:38
Take a look here for names http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673
HannahB Posted - 28/01/2010 : 22:18:17
cognrats
what morph is she?
my corns are all named after places/states in america.. mont = montana, Edison is a town in another state (cant remember!!) and Liberty is from Liberty Falls... lol and if i get any more king snakes then they will be after disney characters
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 21:49:50
Congrats, what morph did you get? My son named our snake, hence the name Eric, lol.
gingerpony Posted - 28/01/2010 : 21:19:53
no idea on names hun, my corns are all named after trees - Birch, Spruce, Hazel, Maple.........
but congrats

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000