The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Corn snake TRYING to escape

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tidus Posted - 28/01/2010 : 04:43:04
HEY! well im sitting here its late and i here my corn snake playing away in his viv. and I hear him trying to escape. i heard they do this to entertain themselves and also that this means there happy. i dunno if its true. but i was jsut wondering should i let him come out? and let him crawl around on my hand for a bit. so he has something to do?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lmfastcars Posted - 28/01/2010 : 15:53:12
put something heavy if you feel it be nesecary
Fernando Pierre Posted - 28/01/2010 : 14:42:31
haha i hope not! but if hes does! i really really hope you find him!
tidus Posted - 28/01/2010 : 06:06:24
oh ya its escape proof. i have clips for it. im in my room watching him all the time and see how he inspects the lid. ill take pictures on him. he like hangs on the side of the tank just holding on with his belly and nothing else. he wont be able to get out though thats for sure
Kellog Posted - 28/01/2010 : 05:31:22
Zeus is still very small and young. He should only be being handled for about 5 mins a couple of times a day, slowly building that up once he has got used to you and you have got used to him. I NEVER handle my adult corn for longer than 30 mins, anything longer than that would be stressful on them. I know it is so tempting to handle them for as long as you can and for as often as you can, but you need to look at it from their point of view, and handling is not natural to them...especially when they are only learning.

His behaviour at the moment is perfectly natural and a good sign that he is out and about and active....not a sign that he wants to be taken out and handled.

Are you 100% sure your viv is escape proof? Corns are notorious escape artists!!

xxx
Fernando Pierre Posted - 28/01/2010 : 05:16:58
it wont do it any harm if you have handled him/her aleardy today maybe you ushould only hold the snake for 30-45min!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000