The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Update on Candy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elament Posted - 26/01/2010 : 10:36:00

Just thought some of you would like to know Candy has settled right in and is now displaying some of her character and I am happy to say she is bright alert with lots of tongue flicking and bright shiney eyes. She has been exploring her new surroundings and I am happy to say I am at a point with her where i can see (with an uphill struggle) a recovery on its way. Obviously there is still a long long way to go but considering what she has been through she is a proper little fighter. Last night I was changing her water and she was out so i layed my hand out in front of her to let her get used to my smell expecting her to shy away and she crawled straight onto it! I thought what a bolshi little madam she is and took the opportunity to quickly get a closer look at her and all seems to be in order she just suprised me with how bolshi she is for such a small snake.
So much so that we have renamed her xena after the warrior princess.
I will of course keep you updated on xenas progress but I just wanted to say thank you for all the encouragement I feel a lot better for knowing i got you guys behind me in this challenge.

Cheers

Steve
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
elament Posted - 30/01/2010 : 18:58:31
I showed them pics to the guy that brought her here and even he said she looks bigger now. Maybe I aint imagining it lol
SexyBear77 Posted - 30/01/2010 : 10:35:10
So glad she has made such progress, being on her own will definitely result in a happier snake.

I'm sure she will turn into a lovely, healthy, happy snake.
n/a Posted - 30/01/2010 : 10:06:59
quote:
Originally posted by elament

Just as a footnote I would like to add that this has been a team effort. A lot of you have given me spot on advice and I have followed it and that is the result so there is a lesson for all newbies on this group. When you get advice of these guys LISTEN they know what they are talking about.

Cheers Everyone

Steve

Steve- I am Very pleased for You and Candy that she is coming along nicely!

I think the statement you made there is Spot on! The "Guys and Gurls That Know" REALLY are Guys and Girls that know!

xXx
elament Posted - 30/01/2010 : 09:23:32
She didnt look like that when i got her Kellog. Its amazing the progress she has made within just a week. The telling thing will be how her shed goes this time round. I am expecting trouble but you never know she may suprise me again. Personally I think you guys were bang on the money about being in with two other snakes. Its amazing the difference that being in her own undisturbed enviroment has made. She has really come out of herself and I think a lot of that has to do with having her own space and not having to compete for the best warm spot etc. All that stress must have been impacting on her recovery.
Just as a footnote I would like to add that this has been a team effort. A lot of you have given me spot on advice and I have followed it and that is the result so there is a lesson for all newbies on this group. When you get advice of these guys LISTEN they know what they are talking about.

Cheers Everyone

Steve
Kellog Posted - 30/01/2010 : 04:24:34
She certainly looks so much better than I expected....and obviously pretty laid back to be settled like that.

Apologies to Colin for not commenting on his pic! His markings are lovely and he is such a contrast to Xena!!

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 29/01/2010 : 22:03:41
Yeah, candy canes have a very bright white background with deep orange or red saddles. She is a VERY pretty amel though.
HannahB Posted - 29/01/2010 : 21:58:48
shes lovely - im agreeing with sb and you there - think she is a amel
shes going to be gorgeous when shes bigger!
elament Posted - 29/01/2010 : 21:28:43
you know i know it sounds mental but i swear she has grown in a week when i lifted the hide off her i thought blimey she looks bigger.

Edit:
I think you are right SB i think she is an amel (not that i am an expert)
elament Posted - 29/01/2010 : 21:25:01
heres another one (cant belive i caught her with her tongue out lol)

SexyBear77 Posted - 29/01/2010 : 21:24:51
Looks a normal size in that pic!! Very cute.
elament Posted - 29/01/2010 : 21:17:22
is it me or does she look bigger?
elament Posted - 29/01/2010 : 21:16:24
Got Xena out tonight and she had a little suprise for me...she gone pale Me thinks its shedding time...here is a pic of her tonight

elament Posted - 29/01/2010 : 14:54:05
yep that is my freinds little finger by the way
n/a Posted - 29/01/2010 : 13:26:28
Such a tiny little beauty. That one is smaller than I've seen in a while.
elament Posted - 29/01/2010 : 08:30:05
Sorry I was messing with photobucket last night this is colin

Kellog Posted - 29/01/2010 : 04:31:42
Stephen, that is fantastic news !! You must have been so relieved to get some food into her and I am so glad you are following the advice on here rather than doing what is so easy to do....feeding her more and more to fatten her up as quickly as possible.

She is definitely living up to her name ! Cant wait to see if that continues....

Could only see the one pic but it is obvious how tiny she is, especially for a snake that is about 8/9 months old. She really is beautiful though, and will grow into a wonderful snake under your loving care!

xxx
elament Posted - 28/01/2010 : 19:42:56
believe it or not in that pic actually looks bigger than she is
HannahB Posted - 28/01/2010 : 19:34:54
quote:
Originally posted by elament

Yeah but at least it seems I dont have the feeding issue you have with aura hannah

am really pleased about that for you..with regular feeds im sure she'll be gaining weight with no problems

aw she looks so pretty - could be a candycane or a high white amel
elament Posted - 28/01/2010 : 18:43:23
will take some better pics for you guys on the weekend
elament Posted - 28/01/2010 : 18:26:33
aha my god i think i have sussed it

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000