The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 i am very sorry guys!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 26/01/2010 : 07:42:24
i have to apologise to all those people that read the hes back!!! post. i was so excited that monty was back that i didn't now what to think. like someone else sed, sorry can't remeber who, i am young and my mind changes so easlily. hes mine for the keeping. i don't know what went through my hed at that point but i am sad that i even sed that. i took a long hard think staring at monty in his faun, and hes mine, forever. so ashamed that i sed about that. like i sed don't know what was going through my hed at the time, i have just spent 100 quid on him getting him a new 3ft cage and lots of other stuff that he will go into when hes settled down and eating good. i will do my best to get him back to normal

quick question, before he was one fuzzies soon to move up, shall i feed him 2 fuzzies like he was on before or shall i just feed 1 and see how he gets on? advice on feeding now plz

apologise to everyone,
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lilpunk Posted - 26/01/2010 : 20:31:50
Awesome, might go to Donny myself ^^ Let's hope so! And good luck with the royal ambition, might get one in three or four years, once I know where I am with uni etc.
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/01/2010 : 20:05:01
Yeah I love my royal to bits!
reptiledanny Posted - 26/01/2010 : 19:53:55
thanks bbsmog, you rely just brought me back to reality with a slap across the face, a good one of course, thanks you. thank you so much. i feel very confertable with you guys, thats why i thought i would be open. monty is my number 1 prioroty, and always will be. i still am not sure wheather i am getting a new snake, but if i do it will be a royal. love royals, and would love to have one. will see how evrything goes.
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 19:51:54
Danny,

I apologise for the tone of me reply yesterday I certainly did not think before I posted so you ended up with quite a whipping.

I am Honestly pleased for you that Monty has come home! And it is goo that you have taken him to the vet for a check over - and from Monty's most recent pictures that you posted yesterday he doesn't look overly poor- infact, considering that he has been off on his own ride for 2 months, he looks very well indeed! If only Animals could talk- and then he could tell you everything that he has been up to and seen the last 2 months!

I am finding this quite hard to write- simply because everyone has already expressed the words and feelings that I would like to write o I shall end here.

I am very pleased that Monty is back and that he is safe and that he is healthy and also that he is you For-Ever Snake Friend

xXx

P.s- If your going to Donny- let me know! Hubby has decided that we are def going!
xXx
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 19:43:09
Danny, I read the other thread but didn't reply to it. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, if I'm honest.

I have to say that, to be perfectly frank, I could see where you were coming from. You'd lost Monty and (if you're honest) you had pretty much given up all hope of him returning. So because he's gone you get to take your love for snakes (that started with Monty) in a different, exciting direction. Like starting over again, the "If I knew then what I know now" syndrome.

Monty's return must have provoked mixed emotions in you. You're young and you're only human. You'd got used to being without Monty, made all these new plans and then been brought back to reality with a bump. I think most people, if they're honest, would feel the tiniest pang of regret at 'what might have been'. It's not a nice emotion, it's not how you should feel. But we can't control how we react to things. As I said, you're only human.

I'm also kind of pleased you posted that thread. At least it shows you're an honest person with honest (human) emotions and also that you are comfortable enough with the users of this forum that you could be as honest as you were. I'm aware that you got a lot of grief for your post (some of it justified) but you posted in haste and your emotions were high. It happens. We all have to adjust our plans sometimes so please stop feeling bad. Stop apologising to us and to Monty. We can't help how we feel sometimes.

Glad you got Monty back now mate xx (all that above is just my opinion and is in NO way a dig at anyone. Just wanted Danny to know he can stop beating himself up now!)
reptiledanny Posted - 26/01/2010 : 19:18:19
thanks rich, i feel awful for what i sed, i don't deserve to own monty after what i sd. i even went up to monty and started apologising over and over again. he is truly a wonderful snake.
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 18:54:33
TOP MAN DANNY
Glad you have decided to keep Monty.
You deserve a pat on the back for your honesty mate.
reptiledanny Posted - 26/01/2010 : 18:47:33
well, i dunno, little bro wants a leo so mum and dad sed yes to that and dad likes royals so i sed i might get one. i think i will go to doncaster or nearer the time i will decide. it's a long way off.
Lilpunk Posted - 26/01/2010 : 18:39:59
It's great that you found monty, and I understand about the confusion aspect of the whole experience Thought you weren't going to get another snakey this year? Again, glad you found him.

You have a lot of guts, apologizing I mean, it's a great thing to be able to do, and I hope that if I ever do something I regret, I'll be able to voice my pardons as well as that
HannahB Posted - 26/01/2010 : 18:23:22
you might have to search around then and find it if he has! you dont want someone finding it sticking out from under a bed or something and them thinking hes escaped again or theres another snake on the loose!
reptiledanny Posted - 26/01/2010 : 16:52:20
monty is number one, he will always be number 1. will feed him 1 fuzzy this weekend.

i think he recently shed cuz he has alot more yellow on him and he seems really bright.
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/01/2010 : 16:46:25
quote:
Originally posted by Stumpy

As for feeding I would put two fuzzies in with him and see if he takes them both, after a couple of feeds like that to get him back to normal then try the next size up.

I really wouldn't advise putting 2 fuzzies in with him straight away, start off slow and build him back up. He's gone 8 weeks without eating (which isnt long) but you don't want to risk a regurge.

I am glad the vet says he is ok.
Stumpy Posted - 26/01/2010 : 16:38:44
We often write, say things before our brains start working.
As for feeding I would put two fuzzies in with him and see if he takes them both, after a couple of feeds like that to get him back to normal then try the next size up.
reptiledanny Posted - 26/01/2010 : 16:30:49
took monty to vets today, everything was finr, a bit underweight but apart from that in good health, a few scales a bit funny but he will sort them out, monty i mean.

i really regret what i sed about monty, and felt rely embarased about it, i should have never thought that but i did and totally love monty now.

one thing, i might be getting a new snake this year in june, as well as a leo, my bro wants a leo so parenst have sed yes but i will be one caring for it but it's not mine, and dad wants a royal and i sed i go halfs with him, the leo will be my bros so i don't need to worry about uni with that and the royal will prob come with me if poss but if not it's half dads so he would have it. monty no matter what will live with me though.
Sammysnake Posted - 26/01/2010 : 12:57:21
Hi Danny. I wanted to apologise for the way I said things yesterday. I stand by what I said but I shouldn't have said it like I was lecturing you. I was surprised at what I read and replied in haste rather than thinking about it. After sleeping on it I can understand that it must have been a real shock to you to find Monty after you had given up hope and all you did was express out loud the instant reaction you felt. None of us can control those initial emotions, only what we do with them afterwards and your posts today show that you are maturely listening to the advice people are giving and using it to make wise decisions. I hope this doesn't sound patronising, but well done.

I hope you and Monty will be really happy together and I look forward to seeing a new sig and lots of photos soon.
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 12:56:11
This has been very interesting reading and a lesson to be learned for everyone. I'm really glad Monty has come back and that you have took a step back and looked at the bigger picture.
Wishing you and Monty lots of fun times together in the future.
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 12:23:35
I know what you meant Gaz its cool.

SB- The post mortem revealed splenitis (spleen infection), a granuloma in the liver and the vets "assumed on the basis of the above" a neurological bacterial infection. However the PM was unable to test this. So not IBD but in the vets opinion with all the symptoms (beginings of mouth rot, lost 100g in 13 days and "stargazing", wobbling and striking) the outcome was still necessary and for the best for Chester

.... Still waiting for the full PM report though.

EDIT: Sorry to hi-jack thread.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 26/01/2010 : 12:06:01
When i said glad everything has turned out good, i was referring to...

Literally last week me and my girlfriend moved to a bigger one bed house. I am picking LegLess up from my parents house on the weekend and she is coming back with me where her new viv awaits....

Sorry to hear about Chester though dude.
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/01/2010 : 12:04:11
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

Thanks... with the exception of Chester of course!

I think I remember reading about Chester on the Royal forum, it was very sad indeed, didn't he have IBD?

Sorry for your loss.
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 11:58:28
Thanks... with the exception of Chester of course!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000