The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New snakey...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyBrown91 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 15:04:17
I went with my sister to the reptile shop in warrington today, she was looking at getting another snake. I had advised her to leave it a while as she had only had her first snake around a month.

She ended up going against my advice and getting a milksnake. I also went against my own advice and got a Bloodred for £80. Its around 6 months old and is currently upstairs settling in and shedding its skin.

So i'm banning myself from reptile shops for atleast a year. Or if i do go, im leaving my wallet at home lol.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 25/01/2010 : 04:42:06
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I went with my sister to the reptile shop in warrington today, she was looking at getting another snake. I had advised her to leave it a while as she had only had her first snake around a month.

She ended up going against my advice and getting a milksnake. I also went against my own advice and got a Bloodred for £80. Its around 6 months old and is currently upstairs settling in and shedding its skin.

So i'm banning myself from reptile shops for atleast a year. Or if i do go, im leaving my wallet at home lol.

Anyone thinking that another newbie ignored the warning - ADDICT!!! Welcome to the club!

Going into those reptile shops with your wallet is lethal, only ever go in with the exact amount of cash you need for what you want to buy and no credit cards!

Cant wait to see pics of him and discover what you are going to call him.

If you can - also post pics of your sister's milksnake in the other exotics section....if she doesnt mind of course !

xxx
HannahB Posted - 23/01/2010 : 20:41:08
congrats =)

look forwards to pics next week
DannyBrown91 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 20:39:27
New snakeys looking all bright and colourful now. Shed come off in 2. A little head piece and then the rest in one go.

Now i just need to think of a name for him.
Lilpunk Posted - 23/01/2010 : 18:25:45
Aww sweet Look forward to those pictures
DannyBrown91 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 18:08:24
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Congrats on the new snake, cant wait for pics!

Will post some after he has had his settling in week. He looks huge compared to casper. I think she is around 6 months old although im not totally sure.

Before he was out of his hide next to the side of the faun and had his little head hiding under his body thinking no one could see him lol.
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 18:01:41
Congrats on the new snake, cant wait for pics!
Rik Posted - 23/01/2010 : 18:00:52
I dont look when I go in for pinkies. Straight to the counter, pick my pinkies, pay and leave. They had chamilions on the counter last time. Little baby ones. Only had enough pennies for pinkies thank god.
gmac Posted - 23/01/2010 : 15:14:12
congrats on the new snake.

King and milk site www.thekingsnake.co.uk see you over there
DannyBrown91 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 15:07:31
Sorry for the double post, wouldn't let me edit the original.

Is there a sister site for milk snakes?

Since this site has a good care sheet i gathered if there was a milk snake site that would have a good care sheet aswell.
The woman who served my sister said the set up was very similar to the corn snake temperature and humidity wise, but i though i would check this for myself. Better to be safe than sorry.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000