The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 New Arrival!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elament Posted - 23/01/2010 : 10:51:50
Candy arrived yesterday and OMG she is tiny. She is about 12" long and I would guess less than 1/2" in diameter at the thickest part of her body.
She is at the moment settling in and I am sitting on my hands for the next week to let her settle in and get used to her new surroundings.
Its only now i seen how small she actually is i can see the magnitude of the problem ahead. I got a consignment of one day old pinkies coming next week. I just hope i can get her feeding again as she really needs to put some weight on.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 25/01/2010 : 08:35:06
mouse tails!!

iv just got my non feeder (hadnt eaten since aug except for a piece of pinkie and mouse tail assist/force fed in october/november) to swallow a piece of mouse tail last night..its not as nutritious as some things but if shes not eaten for a while its easy to swallow and will be gentle on her tummy

really got my fingers crossed for you - shes definately in a better place now
elament Posted - 25/01/2010 : 08:27:57
Thanks Kellog and thanks everyone else. It will be touch and go for a while but yes I beleive now she is in an enviroment specifically for her I stand at least half a chance. All I can say is she must be a fighter to have gone through what she has and to still be alive but she has so many problems i am not expecting any miracles.

Cheers Everyone

Steve
Kellog Posted - 25/01/2010 : 04:20:23
So glad Candy is finally with you Stephen , although I am sure it is shocking and scary now that you have her 'in your hands' (although not literally of course!)

It must look like an enourmous task ahead of you but what you MUST keep in mind is that she is in a much better place than where she was, especially away from the stress of living with the 2 other bigger corns . I would hope that after the initial settling in period she will begin to thrive under her new living circumsttance and, more importantly, under your TLC (to quote Skorps )

You know where to come for help and support, which is what is important. At the moment you know you have an uphill struggle with her and you just need to take each day as it comes.

xxx
n/a Posted - 24/01/2010 : 00:38:01
good luck hope all goes well for you and candy xxx
HannahB Posted - 23/01/2010 : 20:42:30
fingers crossed
SexyBear77 Posted - 23/01/2010 : 18:20:50
Best of luck with her, sure you will do your all to ensure she grows into a healthy, happy snake. x
gmac Posted - 23/01/2010 : 15:42:45
good luck
n/a Posted - 23/01/2010 : 15:39:45
Im sure Candy will flourish under your watchful eye and with lots of TLC!
xXx
elament Posted - 23/01/2010 : 13:10:35
Think this may be a bit touch and go for a while. I just hope the stress of being moved into a new enviroment doesnt put her off her food for too long or else i will have a problem on me hands. To be honest though it was a gamble that had to be taken as the enviroment she was sharing with two other snakes was not ideal. Thanks to this site and the members on it tho I can throw all the knowledge i have learned at her so with a bit of luck i may pull it off though I have to say it is a daunting challenge.
Fernando Pierre Posted - 23/01/2010 : 11:59:02
Good Luck!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000